Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Jarvisi posted:

But how the hell do I buy it?

I saw a $1 auction starting for a new copy the other day on ebay, you could cross your fingers that you get it for a song :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I like 7 Wonders just fine, but if turns are taking longer than 7 seconds MAX then I might as well be going out for popcorn.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I agree, 7 Wonders Duel is a great game. I prefer it it a lot.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
You're in for a treat with The Great Zimbabwe! The turn bidding and the gods selecting are really interesting angles on a route-building game.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
It's like anything else. If you want a community or activity to be more diverse (which is to say, to have its participants be more representative of the actual people who make up the world) you do it by remaking things -- always in a healthy way -- to be more welcoming, inclusive, and accessible.

You don't (for example) attract more women to your field by giving it what you think is a "girly" makeover and holding a medal-awarding ceremony every instant one pokes her head through the door. That's crazy and weird.

You do it by just making participation and enjoyment more accessible & creating a healthier and more inclusive environment in general. Remove the dismissive poo poo that turns people away, axe the smirking little pissing matches that seem to dominate communities, clear away the garbage that whispers to newcomers "this isn't for you", and -- always in a healthy way -- give people control over their own involvement and the freedom to be and participate as themselves.

I don't think we've really figured all that out yet, because if it were easy or came more naturally, it would probably already be done. But it's worth putting effort into because there's so much being missing out on otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I unexpectedly got to play DUNE (the gale force nine release) and it rocked HARD, that is all :slick: