Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

A Kemet white primary strategy that's gotten me a win two times and second place once was level 2 white/1 red pyramids. The first turn is unimpressive, but it buys you a lot of leeway for the rest of the game:

0. Begin with 5 Prayer points, get 2 the first night (7 PP).
1. Pray (9 PP)
2. Pray more (11 PP)
3. Raise white pyramid to level 4 (4PP)
4. Buy Priest of Amon (the one that gives you +5 PP every night; 0 PP)
5. Put action token on whichever top-level action you like because you're not doing poo poo with it.

The next turn you start with 7 PP and are immediately in a position to buy a second level 4 white power tile. I'm a cheapskate so this has usually been Priest of Ra, but the Mummy helped me win at least once. Madmarker is right that you will have a lot of prayer points; this start shapes your strategy, as for the rest of the game you will have great motivation to spend big. With this in mind I've never run into any serious action congestion. I've often had a couple of PP left at the end of a turn, but really never so much that I was losing them by having them overfill my meter. Not caring about temples early-game except as hunting grounds helps here as well.

On the following turns, focus on building up your red pyramid and snatching up some of the red power tiles (Charge if it wasn't bought out turn 1; Blades of Neith; Divine Wound if you took the Mummy). An alternative strategy might be white 2/blue 1, same start, with the goal of trying for the Desert Snake and/or Legion. I've never tried this because one of my usual co-players compulsively buys blue tiles, like I'm not sure he can even stop himself, buying 6–8 blue tiles per game. If you have a player like that, go red, buy the Phoenix and poach his blue pyramid for those sweet blue upgrades I guess?

Sorry to go on about Kemet, but I love this game so much and I love discussing and experimenting with different starting strategies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

sonatinas posted:

Dominant Shits

Dominant Feces.