Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Tekopo posted:

I'm interested in a game where me and my friends can have silly fun while drinking/having a good time, what do you recommend?
Ugg-Tect: You are all Cavemen trying to build monuments, but only one of you (the Ugg-Tect) has the plans! The Ugg-Tect must direct his fellow cavemen, but can only do so using grunts and gestures. A silly game that only becomes better when everyone is more than slightly tipsy.

FYI (in case you care) Ugg-tect seems to be out of print. it's disappeared from amazon and it's not listed on FFG's catalog anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Codenames is so great. being the spymaster is just attempting to maintain composure as your brain is screaming at your entire team. the length is perfect, too; every time we played it everyone kept wanting to play one more round after we finished. definitely had a lot of those "is he/she really thinking about it on that level" "does he/she know that fact about that thing" moments similar to HerraS's story.

why oh why didn't they print the words on square cards, though?? :confused: and it really doesn't need the theme at all.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Ralp posted:

I don't mind the shape of the cards but it pisses me off that the upside down copy of each word is printed slightly smaller, off-center, italicized, and in way lower contrast. WHY aren't both sides nice bold print black-on-white. it's seriously easier to just read the bigger words upside-down

yeah, this too. they could have just left it off and printed the regular one larger, even. the upside down one just detracts from the overall legibility.