Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Rampage/Terror in Meeple City is on my list to try also. There's also the Catacombs reprint due soon and Crokinole us supposed to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Pegasus expansion replaces the 2D cardboard basestars with 3D plastic basestars, which look much cooler.

Other than that you're missing nothing.

Are those in Daybreak as well?

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

jivjov posted:

Thankfully nobody in my group is dumb enough to riffle and bridge shuffle my games...

Wait, what's the accepted method of shuffling a stack of cards? You get more bending with a bridge, but I figure it must be better than smushing stacks together.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I've done a little bit of gaming with my girlfriend, and I was hoping to get her something that she might like. We tend to play 2-player, and she's liked iOS Pandemic, Hanabi, 2-player Love Letter, and Forbidden Desert. She hasn't much enjoyed Sentinels of the Multiverse or Robinson Crusoe for the many bits to track and card piles to manage. I think the features we're looking for are scales well to 2 players + plays in 60-90 minutes or less + fewer fiddly bits to set up/track +/- cooperative.

Are there any recommendations you can think of? I was thinking Roll/Race for the Galaxy, LoTR LCG, Shadowrun: Crossfire. Alternatively, fiddly/complex games are ok if there are iOS or otherwise electronic versions that will set up and track the bits for us (and reduce the likelihood of cats messing the board up)

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Cool, thanks for the recommendations. I actually just got Escape from the KS and haven't had a chance to table it, we'll have to give that a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Want to grab a new game for a local bg theme night. What's the best thing that would fit "Rolling Dice"? Also prefer something that does 4 people (or 5-6, minimum 4) well, is more towards 60 minutes or less, and is maybe in the $50 or lower range.

RftG? Seasons?

It is not renowned as an excellent game, but Quarriors is supposed to be fun for rolling huge handfulls of die. It's sort of a dice building Pokemon game, which was later reimplemented as the Dice Masters series. 30 mins per game, 2-4 players. Decent family game if that's the population expected.

Edit: Almost forgot about Escape, not sure if that was mentioned before. These are both more casual-style games, maybe not the favored type for grognards at a FLGS.

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 6, 2015