Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Zveroboy posted:

Edit: Speaking of Catan, I played it last night and something came up which I wasn't sure about.

Situation: Red and Blue have built roads than converge on an open building space. Red builds a Settlement. Can Blue then build a road on the other side of Red's settlement, or does the Red settlement effectively end the Blue road?

Aston posted:

You can build a road through a settlement.

That's wrong, Red would have blocked Blue from building in that instance. You can only connect to your own roads, settlements, or cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Azran posted:

While we're on the topic, what are the best deckbuilding games out there right now? I've never played Dominion, but I have played Ascension and Star Realms I think it was called. I've heard about the complaints levered towards Ascension, but the main thing keeping me away from Dominion is the theme.

Puzzle Strike.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

EBag posted:

All Kickstarter copies of Orleans are now going to include the 5th player pieces which is pretty awesome :D

Only the deluxe ones, so backers at the $45 level aren't getting the 5th player. Still really nice though!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I made out like a bandit at the Tabletop Day event I went to, won Magnum Opus, Krosmaster Arena, and Pixel Tactics along with promos and a giftcard. Anyone played Magnum Opus? I had never really heard of it before I won it.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Puzzle Strike got a Steam release! It's on sale for :10bux: for the base characters until the 28th, I'm probably going to sink way too much time into it now I don't have to go off the website. :dance:

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 22, 2015

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Anyone played Time Barons? I was at Derek Yu's website and saw it and had no idea it existed.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
The Millennium Blades reprint is up on Kickstarter, now that it's been out for a while what do you guys think about it? I really like the idea of the game and am thinking of picking it up through the campaign or retail.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Broken Loose posted:

All the recent talk of the potential mortality of the forums gave me pause to post in here.

A lot of things have happened to me. They are not things I'm willing to post about. I've already had to put up with 17 years of being harassed for the claims I've put out about my life, and these forums aren't a kind place.

Anyway, I lost almost all of my board games. This includes various first printings and kickstarter exclusives and other irreplaceables. It's hard to discuss things that you avoid thinking about, so my presence dried up in this thread.

The status of Final Attack! is:

drawing art for 100+ cards takes a very long time.

Unfortunately, I cannot publish FA! without being rich (relative to my current status). Board games require physical materials, which aren't free. Since nobody is currently preordering the game and there's no release date set, the project is on indefinite hiatus while I finish my current video game project. The upside of this is that (like all my other unpublished titles of note) development is still technically continuing on it and other board games as I get better at making them. Final Attack! might not have the latest innovations of the last 2 years of the board gaming industry, but it'll still have 2 years of innovations packed into it, including a fleshed-out campaign mode among other things.

That all said, I hope everybody is well and I hope we can continue to make wooden cube jokes together for years to come. I absolutely still want to publish Final Attack!, Power-Up!: WTWZ, Castlemania, system.Crash, and all the other tabletop games in my backlog. I learned a lot from making games from this thread and I learned even more about playing them.

Glad you're still keeping on, I still think about FA now and again because I really want that game to make it. :unsmith: I'll hop on the pre-order train whenever it gets going.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Any thoughts on CGE's Adrenaline? I saw it on the shelf last night at a Keyforge tournament and hadn't heard anything about it. I'm interested mostly just due to a dumb attachment to Frag from way back.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Shadow225 posted:

Here is an article that was posted in the discord chat: https://www.cardboardrealitypodcast.com/written-reviews/2019-4-8/the-ultimate-board-game-collection-draft

The premise is that a collection of people were trying to draft the best board game collection, fantasy football style. I think that this is a really cool concept. As such, I want to run one with this thread.

Quote this post if you are willing to participate in the draft

I am thinking of capping at 10 people and 15 games, but if there is more interest we can roll that too. Once interest has been established, I'll maybe a separate thread and go from there.

I'm in.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any recommendations on boardgame shelving that aren't Kallax? Wife doesn't have a good opinion on them so we're looking for alternatives.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

I use one of these. It's wide enough to hold at least 15 standard depth boxes shelved vertically, and deep enough to hold an EGG deluxe the same way.

Thanks! These look good, might get some of these for our garage either way.

Magnetic North posted:

Some people use Billy bookshelves from Ikea, but I'm willing to bet your wife more means "not Ikea" not merely "not Kallax."

Also, :sever:

Na she's generally pro-Ikea but has heard Kallax are flimsy and think they look bad. I had only ever heard good things about them from BG people and I like their look :shrug: Those look like a good option though!

dishwasherlove posted:

Seek out a local carpenter to knock together some wood in the configuration you need. Do some measurements and ask for a quote. It's not a cheap as Ikea but should be cheaper than a premade nice piece of furniture with the added benefit of being deep enough which most bookcases aren't.

Ooh, that's a good idea. Wasn't even considering having one made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

CitizenKeen posted:

The last game I backed was Stationfall, until yesterday when I backed 1889. gently caress me.

Something up with Stationfall? I was looking at late pledging it.