Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmellOfPetroleum
Jan 6, 2013
As someone late to the party, can someone explain or link to the reason forum consensus on Dead of Winter is so negative? SuSD and other things I've read seem to like it. I tried looking for Dead of Winter related chat in the thread, but mostly I just find people talking about other games using DoW as a reference, which I guess at least means it made a lasting impression.

Basically I saw it for a good price and got it, but I'm not sure if I should play it or gift it or resell it.

Edit: Also a general explanation of the "Bad games crew" avatars would clear some confusion, but I'm also kind of entertained not knowing.

SmellOfPetroleum fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmellOfPetroleum
Jan 6, 2013
Any recommendations for quality board game video let's plays? I've found that they are good for background watching, but I've only searched on a game by game basis, and the few I've found range from decent production with full screen card edits down to cell phone camera and mic with people who derail the game every turn.

SmellOfPetroleum
Jan 6, 2013
That flaming skull for the desert makes me want a Mad Max style wargame in the scope of catan.

Edit: will trade sheep for guzzoline.

SmellOfPetroleum
Jan 6, 2013
King's Dilemma went up $30 since yesterday, gently caress.

SmellOfPetroleum
Jan 6, 2013
Anyone played Sonar or Sonar Family for smaller play counts? Or do you think Captain Sonar 4p is still better than either of those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmellOfPetroleum
Jan 6, 2013
Just found out my father in-law has a (lightly used?) copy of 1829.

I haven't played any 18xx. I bought 1846 with the intent to play with my normal group back in 2020, but we haven't met in person since to play it. Now that 1829 is an option, I'm considering it.

From what I've read so far it looks to be the lesser game, but it has my attention for being the one that started them all.