Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.

Jedit posted:

If you play the two-deck variant, you take out one Princess. There's still two Kings and no Queen, though, so evidently this is a most progressive kingdom.

It's the Spartan Diarchy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartan_Constitution#Dual_Kingship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.
My friends and I love Coup but I don't love the SciFi art. Got the French version plus expansion sent from Canada.

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.

Han Yolo posted:

Where did you order this?

http://www.boardgamebliss.com

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.
The Brazilian version is sick but I couldn't find anyone that would ship to the U.S. I love the action hints on the bottom of the cards.

I'm gonna have my wife photoshop the player aid card for English actions and have new ones printed.

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.
Anyone have opinions in Tournay? With two players?

I'm looking for a easy setup game with some depth that plays under an hour.

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.
Are Suburbia and Castles of Mad King Ludwig too similar to own both?

I already own Suburbia and we at it a lot, but Castles seems a little more whimsical and I appreciate that.

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.
Tournay has been a big hit for my wife and I. We both agreed that building your district feels a lot like Suburbia but a little lighter. Neither of us have really built an engine yet either because we're not great at the game yet or because it plays so fast with two players. It's a mad scramble to lay down nine cards. Maybe engine building was overstated in the reviews. The artwork is lovely. It's a great pick up for $25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.
Yeah, I guess we haven't figured out the finer points yet, but we're having a great time with it.