Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Lagoon is an insane game and worth giving a fair shake. Make sure your AP-prone friends are plied with whatever drugs make them decide because the board is liable to change on each player's turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Crossfire is more card game and less RPG than pathfinder.

It feels like team lockpicking, and plays pretty well.

If I was a poor kid with just this game and a static group I'd be ecstatic with it. As it stands the notion of grinding a board game is impossible since my group has more games than time, and cheating ahead too far past the first xp roadblock means we'd probably never play it again.

If there was a web version where you had your own characters with a matchmaking service, tooled to take advantage of the digital platform it'd probably be an excellent game.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

S.T.C.A. posted:

What is this from?

http://existentialcomics.com/comic/58

Phone posting, gonna pretend that link works.

Board Shames: I have an unnatural obsession with card games but still never played Dominion.

Edit for the now: a genre that consistently showcases man's inhumanity towards man leading to cascading societal collapse is begging for an Agricola reskin.

thuly fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 22, 2015