Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

drat it the copy of WItch's Brew I was planning on dropping money on today was sold hours earlier on the BoardGameGeek market :sigh: Guess that's what I get for waiting. I don't suppose anyone here has a copy they'd be willing to sell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I have a chance to get my hands on a copy of the Dungeon Lords: Happy Anniversary edition. I've heard good things about the game but have never had a chance to play it. Is it a good game and would it be worth it?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I got Galaxy Trucker anniversary edition for a holiday gift :getin: I could beat someone to death with this box. Now I just need the Dungeon Lords happy anniversary edition

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there a list of exact cards in each Galaxy Trucker expansion? There's a guy we play with who absolutely hates one of them and bitches and moans that my anniversary deck is all mixed together. So I'd like to be able to have the cards separated by game in the box

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Keyflower is probably one of my favorite games and is probably the reason I've gone through the trouble of getting every promo for it. People expect such a different game because of the art it's usually a deer in the headlights effect when the game gets underway

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The End posted:

Mine has finally arrived in the country! :toot: (Australia)

My biggest regret is missing this kickstarter. That wooden box will never be mine now :negative:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Looking at Kickstarters I saw that there is one for a deluxe edition of Pixel Tactics that had smashed way past its goal funding. Is the game really that good or is it just people flocking towards something with pixel art ala Boss Monster?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Has there been any rumblings if Power Grid Deluxe will be getting the expansions from the original? I'm going to be picking up the base game but I don't want to get the deluxe version if it'll never get the expansions

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I don't even think I have a FLGS in my state and I have to say it sucks pretty bad :smith:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Someone should send the Packers better board games now that they've caught the bug lets see how deep we can push them. Also does this mean we can expect a Green Bay edition of Catan now?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Azran posted:

They loved Mafia till I showed them The Resistance. Even though the entire group loved it, a couple of them were annoyed at the idea of not being able to eliminate the only black individual in our group first every single game.

The gently caress are you even playing with people like this?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Seeing all these people getting in their Cthulhu Wars I'm wondering how the game actually play? I know it's supposed to be like Chaos in the Old World but I wanna see if the gameplay holds up or if it falls through and if it's just a fancy model holder

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I'm considering getting Mage Wars but should I wait for the upcoming arena core pack? And does anyone have any experience with the game if it's a good one?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

drat it and after putting together my own little version with metal coins and stuff :sigh:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Broken Loose posted:

In Oatmeal Cat Game Makes $3,000,000+ world, it's par for the course.

The thought I might sit down at a game night somewhere and someone will pull out Exploding Kittens is horrifying. It's like Munchkin from hell

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Really hope when Dungeon Lords finally gets through customs there will be people reselling that wooden box edition. I don't care if there's mock up I need that box in my collection :stare:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dirk the Average posted:

I have a shameful confession to make. I requested to play Munchkin once. I remember the look of horror on my friend's face (he owned the game), and I refused to heed his warnings because I had heard quite a bit about the game, but nothing about its mechanics.

That was a miserable couple of hours that none of us will ever get back.

Fortunately, I now know to research games before I buy/request to play them so that I know that they'll be good.

That's your friends fault. Everyone who owns a copy of Munchkin has to throw it into the fires of mount doom or forever be cursed to have people ask to play it. Seriously throwing it into a fire pit was the most fun I ever had with my copy of Munchkin

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So my friend shipped me his Super Dungeon Explore to try out and Fedex decided the box was perfect for just tossing around it seems. So now I have a bunch of busted models. A lot of them are simply gluing pieces back together as if they were fresh in box but some things, like the dragon's wings and a few Kolbold's spears. are snapped right of. Is there anyway I could fix the models? Like using glue or something to pieces them back together the best I can? I'd prefer not to end up using Green Stuff since it'll conflict on the unpainted minis colors

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So it's awesome that Dungeon Lords Anniversary has finally made in through customs I'll finally be able to get a wooden box version (probably at some terrible mark up :sigh:). But it seems while that was happening a second crate of normal retail versions got sent through without issue. Which of course means dirty non-kickstarters will get their regular retail versions before Loyal Backers! Oh the horror! So of course the comments on the Kickstarter page are filled with such amazing things like:

Big dumb man baby posted:

The Ultimate in Kickstarter Doom for future projects being backed... Retailers and online stores get it for sale before the Loyal Backers.
Too bad. I liked CGE games too. But now they are on that bad list, that says "Do Not Back or Support Future projects". There is no excuse. If one container is held up... Don't ship the games out. Everybody waits. Period.

special unique snowflake posted:

Actually, I would expect a company to "sit on" inventory to ensure the early backers are rewarded. As an example, take Dice Hate Me Games and their game, "Brew Crafters." Quoting directing from BGG forums:
"...we already have our shipment in hand at the warehouse. We just won't make it available for retail sale until all Kickstarter copies and pre-orders have been sent out. That's the delay for retail right now."

idiot posted:

I understand the customs issue; it happens. However, to me it is inexcusable that the game is available at retail before Kickstarter backers receive their copies. Mr. B Games has made my list of companies that I will no long support via Kickstarter.

I would never do a Kickstarter holy poo poo I could not deal with being beholden to people like this. Clearly a company should refuse to make money because some nerds might not be able to lord their purchases over other people :qq:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I just hate that the wooden box edition is kickstarter only. I missed the boat and the only thing I can hope for is that there will be a glut of people trying to sell them right away so the mark up won't be too disgusting. If they had put it up for preorder I would've thrown my money at it as hard as I can but now I'll be searching for the wooden version on Ebay and BGG markets

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 10, 2015

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

Thank you! I was looking for it at a store the other day while flush with tax refund and totally blanked on the name.

Please don't have anything sharp or heavy on the table when you play it. If you do there's a 50/50 chance someone will end up dead mid way through the game

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

At least people in other hobbies shower. :(

If I'm playing a board game and someone is gross and doesn't shower I'll call them out on it. Holy poo poo BO I can't stand it makes me queasy. Plus unless other people call others out the hobby won't get past that kind of mass image of the gross greasy smelly nerd

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hra Mormo posted:

One of my friends is big into cycling and yeah, that scene puts board gamers to shame in the weird department.

That's because cyclists have this weird large over lap with homeopathy people. Seriously like every serious cycling person I've met has also been one of those weird homeopathy people who think like BIG PHARMA is hiding the cure for cancer and AIDS in order to make money

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Seeing Aquasphere on the list reminded me i was waiting for that to come out. Now that it's out has anyone had a chance to try it? It looked fun and was thinking of picking it up but I was hoping to hear some thoughts on it before I throw money at it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there any good resources for someone just starting out painting board game miniatures? My friend painted some of his games minis (he does war gaming so he's pretty good at it) and drat it looks so much better with color on them. I wanna do it with a few of my games but have no idea how to even start

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Sports are the things that make you look sexy instead of nerdy and also probably ruin your body by your late 30s. If your activity isn't making you a hunk/babe it's a game.

With some of the people I see at game get togethers I would argue ruined bodies by late 30s can be leveled at board games too :v:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How much wording is printed on the actual components of Dungeon Lords? I have an option of buying the German wooden box edition but it's not worth it if I have to make note sheets of all the pieces. I am hoping some American wooden box backers will start listing theirs for sale soon

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How does Cthulhu Wars compare to Chaos in the Old World? Both seem similar in design but which is the better game overall? I haven't seen anything about Cthulhu Wars since it came out

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Uh this doesn't belong here. It's beautiful outsider art and it and it's loving rendered purple rear end are amazing

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I haven't played HearthStone in nearly a year but I remember the last time I played the game was swingy as gently caress. You could be out playing your opponent and slowly winning. Then they'd draw some card with a bullshit effect and suddenly you'd explode and have little chance of winning unless you too could pull some dumb card like that. Really turned me off the game

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

Cthulhu Wars could probably withstand a mild hurricane.

You'd probably be killed by the huge figures being blown about in the wind though

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Age of Sigmar rules read like designers let their toddlers design it. The miniature amount rules and special objectives for have less seriously sounds like something that'd happen on a playground when one kid has more action figured then another kid. The pretend to be a horse and crap just kind of cements that idea more

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Anyone have a chance to try out Broom Service? I like Witch's Brew and I guess it just won a big award but I haven't seen much in reviews for it yet

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Considering the best thing about Munchkin I've seen is the video of the goon setting it on fire I think you could hold up a sock filled with poo poo and it'd fill the same niche

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

EBag posted:

The correct answer is Keyflower.

They said a possibility of interaction not "Game will end with a fatal stabbing by a shank made from cardboard hex tile"

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The theme throws everyone off who plays it for the first fine without knowing the game. It has art like some children's book about the pilgrims. The best description I have of heard of the game is "A knife fight in a locked trunk." I have yet to play a more blood thirsty game. I have had players act vindictive towards someone in other games because of the poo poo Keyflower brew

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I've heard good things about The Gallerist and was thinking of pickin it up but wanted to see if any goons have had a chance to play it and what their thoughts are about the game?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I've kind of been in the mood for some kind of economics game, one with a supply and demand mechanic would be pretty awesome. What are some of the better economic board games out that that involve supply and demand, trading, selling and buying, and maybe even contracts?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

SaltLick posted:

Been wanting to dip my toes into board gaming and got Pandemic. That was really fun with my group of non board gamers.

Seems I have caught the bug though because now I'm itching for more. Went ahead and got Tash Kalar and Lost Cities to satiate my hunger with my girlfriend until we can cultivate a consistent group to play with. Will probably pick up Dominion next to help suck in a few friends that play Magic and Hearthstone as that looks up their alley.

What have I gotten myself into

You bought a board game. You opened it. We came

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Does anyone know the size of the white cubes for artist game in The Gallerist. I'm gonna purchase some tumbled clear cubes cause those are sexy