Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't think it's entirely unreasonable that a DA would form a close enough relationship with the local police that they would try to avoid prosecuting if there was even a question at all as to anything, and I think McColloch's behavior way crossed the line, but there has to be some instutitional barrier in place so that local DAs are not asked to handle the prosecution of those on their same 'team'. Having DAs that specialize in cases involving police would be ideal(so that they don't really have to worry about their reputation with cops at all), but I doubt that would be economical, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread