Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daspied
Jul 2, 2009

Equine Don posted:

He was a marine who came out to march with the protesters.

I know no one cares any more, but I saw the conversation on the first page. I would be willing to bet the guy in the image is just using stolen valor to build some form of credibility. You can tell by his hosed up ribbons. The one on the bottom left is a Iraq campaign award, with what looks like 2 stars meaning he has been there 3 times. The ribbon to the bottom right is a sea service deployment, awarded for a deployment - there is no way you can have stars on your Iraq ribbon and not the same if not more on your sea service.

Not to mention that the that the if he was over in Iraq 3 times he would have a lot more ribbons then that, at least at the unit award level. Due to the various campaigns ending and new ones starting. They are what we dub "starter kits". Also I doubt any marine, epically in the infantry (combat action ribbon) would ever wear that uniform again outside of service.

Any ways just my two cents, and completely irrelevant to the case at large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread