Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Isn't it illegal or at least highly frowned upon to protest in U.S. military uniform? Even if he is, as I assume, out of the military by now. So he's a former marine.

Also, I don't know if you talked with the 'protesters' or just took photos of them. Did you have a chance to speak with them, and what were the reasons they gave for supporting an indictment, against the grand jury's decision?

What did your friend say about his decision to help organize protests? Do you know why he wanted to do that?

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Equine Don posted:

The protesters were dissatisfied with the performance of the police

What does this even mean?

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Lord Windy posted:

I don't live in America and I actively avoided the subject because it is my opinion that American's have a bad relationship with the police that colours any action they take. Can someone give me a summary of what happened without any spin one way or the other.

EDIT: My natural opinion would be to support the police 100%. I have never had a bad experience with the police and they are generally pretty reasonable even in our own police shows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

foutre posted:

to be honest, there are probably more people who have a better opinion of the police than they should than the other way around

Your opinion is dumb and ignorant. There are tons of people who have no respect for the rule of law. Things tend to work better (in developed countries) when people have a healthy respect for the law and by extension police. Some might even say it is important for society.

Did you even read about this situation or the participants in any way? Your opinion reads like part of the problem.

Dude I used to believe what you do, but then I grew the gently caress up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNFTfR6WycA

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 16, 2014

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
As people who follow this sort of stuff know, that officer was immediately fired, arrested, and charged with felony assault; the trial is still ongoing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sean-groubert-former-south-carolina-trooper-charged-in-shooting/

This is a product of some states utilizing grand juries whereas others just go ahead and charge 'em.

• Locked thread