Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is not what I expected. It looks like the Sonic version of a Kirby game.

You put it into words! Thank you. I couldn't think of how to describe it.

That said, I'm 100% okay with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

He constantly makes cliched jokes about young people? It's hard to hear in the video but in Zone 2 (and especially in 4) he makes lots of 'em.

Yeah, can we get a link to his sound clips? I don't fault the LPers for talking over him, but I'm curious as to what he said and worried about spoilers if I go looking.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
Okay I know you guys probably got used to doing it differently from Sonic 2006 and other games, but please. I'm actually interested in paying attention to the cutscenes in this one, especially after 'that's three words!'. Could you kindly not talk over them?

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
Holy poo poo, Eggman.

Also, re: Circuises, that sounds like bonus video material to me.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
I'm pretty sure the pig enemies are just larger version of the bomb-throwing pigs called Ball Hogs from Sonic 1's Scrap Brain Zone.

The little bouncing mushroom guys are also a reference, this time to the MushMeanie from Sonic and Knuckles. He acted exactly that way in S&K, but you never had to use him to pick up anything, thankfull.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

It has even more things going against it since you only get to see one screen. So much excitement! I'm hoping to break the tie the next time we record.

I'm okay with only one screen, to be honest, since it's only the two of you. The problem I'm running into is that you're both way too chill to be playing Mario Kart. Instead of a litany of profanity at falling off the course it's just "Oh well, that happened."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

Dresh posted:

Wait, you know you can lightdash with Hover right? Just use the dash feature toward a line of rings. Admittedly, I had no idea either until I saw it mentioned in the Games thread.

It's pokecapn all over again.

• Locked thread