Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!
2014 was a good year and thankfully we ended it with no debts outside of our mortgages.

Goals:
1) Stay free of CC debt
2) Our land loan is a 3 year jumbo and our goal is to have the cash to pay it off at the due date instead of refinancing which means we need $39k/year - realistically I'm hoping for between 75%-90% and a much smaller refinance.
3) Increase side-business income by $1500-2000/mo
4) Establish farm income by a number TBD, but at least enough to break even with input costs of chicken/cattle
5) Increase 401K contribution from 6% to 10% by mid-year / continue max HSA contribution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006

OneWhoKnows posted:

2014 was a good year and thankfully we ended it with no debts outside of our mortgages.

Goals:
1) Stay free of CC debt
2) Our land loan is a 3 year jumbo and our goal is to have the cash to pay it off at the due date instead of refinancing which means we need $39k/year - realistically I'm hoping for between 75%-90% and a much smaller refinance.
3) Increase side-business income by $1500-2000/mo
4) Establish farm income by a number TBD, but at least enough to break even with input costs of chicken/cattle
5) Increase 401K contribution from 6% to 10% 15% by mid-year / continue max HSA contribution

My boss' boss asked me if I planned on being in the office this week (I mostly work from home) and said to stop on by any time. I didn't really think much of it at the time, but during the chat he asked me if I had been approached by any of our competitors lately. I said no (and I hadn't), but apparently a higher-up for a competitor was talking to a higher-up at my company during some event where too many drinks were had and said that he hoped I (specifically by name) was being paid well because my name had popped up at the top of the "poach list". The conversation ended with a healthy raise much to my surprise!

So, to make a long story short, I went ahead and increased the contribution to 10%, next goal is going to be 15% by mid-year.

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

1. Still possible... Averaged about $8,000/month between January and February
2. So far, so good - Maxed the Roth and am planning to leave my 401k contribution rate at 50% until I can't afford to or I max the 401k
3. LOL no. Home values are going up so quickly that I'm getting further and further from ever reaching this goal. I'm talking 2-5% per MONTH.
4. Still driving that ugly bitch
5. No progress on building up savings - my 50% 401k rate is killing me.

6. Our 3-year old cat died of kindey failure, so... success :(

Do you mean you're contributing 50% until you hit $18,000, then you'll drop your 401k contribution to 0?

• Locked thread