Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

SpelledBackwards posted:

Stretch goal:
7) I've been trying to figure out a side stream of income, such as starting a business, but I didn't really know what I could get involved in as far as my interests and skills go. Completely unrelated, I recently got in touch with an old coworker/friend who is willing to train me up in his own unique martial arts style completely for free. It's the real deal like I've never even seen, with some feats you only see crazy monks able to do and not at all what you find in your everyday dojo or MMA gym. He wants to teach me and document his methods so the knowledge isn't lost, and he also wants to develop a handful of students and start doing in-studio consulting for various martial arts teachers in town and show them how to improve their techniques, regardless of their martial art type or style. I want to learn anyway for my own fitness and physical enrichment, but my stretch goal this year is to help him develop it into a small consulting business by year's end. Best part is that the startup costs wouldn't require pretty much anything in the way of capital equipment/structures/utilities, just clothing and a few martial arts supplies most likely (and we each have plenty of savings to cover that or anything administrative several times over). The other beauty of it if it works out is that it would be completely independent and diversified from our day jobs as engineers, so there's no conflict of interest or strong correlation where a loss of opportunities in one would also mean drying up business in the other job.

If you wanted to document it, maybe video equipment? For PoV filming, you might look into something like a GoPro with a chest or head mount, or Pivothead glasses.

• Locked thread