Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T. J. Eckleburg
Apr 10, 2007
sorry about the clock.

background info:
- income: him 20k, me 80k (married)
- spouse will be quitting his job in July
- related: we will be moving cross-country in July so he can begin school in August
- 18k liquid cash saved
- $1800 monthly expenses, increasing to probably $2200 when we move (due to COL)

goals:
- convince boss to let me go 100% remote so we can move together
- cut back to a 1 car household (stretch goal: go carless)
- save up to a total of 30k in liquid cash -- 10k emergency fund, 20k to pay for his education (stretch goal: 15k emergency fund)
- max out my 401k and 2 IRAs (stretch goal: also max our HSAs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T. J. Eckleburg
Apr 10, 2007
sorry about the clock.

T. J. Eckleburg posted:

goals:
- save up to a total of 30k in liquid cash -- 10k emergency fund, 20k to pay for his education (stretch goal: 15k emergency fund)

I'm pretty pleased with myself :)

Now working remotely in the city we hoped to move to, while my husband goes to school. Check!

Sold both our cars, no regrets, buses are kinda awesome. Transportation budget is a fraction of what it used to be, and we spend more time reading. Check!

Hit 42k in savings, with 22k of that actually being needed for school, and the remaining 20k in an emergency fund. Check!

Done! I worked on the stretch goal by making substantial contributions to our HSAs, but couldn't max them. Check!

slap me silly posted:

I like! Anyone who wants this and feels they deserve it, post in here with

(1) Link to the post with your original goals
(2) Link to the post that tells how you did

Can I have one? :D

• Locked thread