Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
In 2015, I would like:

A car
6 months worth of savings to live on
Start repairing my credit
A good job. No more of this living at minimum wage or below (although it was depressing the zoo job paid less than my sister's gas station job...)
A copy of YNAB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

pig slut lisa posted:

Great goal! How are you planning on achieving it?

Lawyer up, clear out the identity fraud, get a new SSN. When I get work, I intend to have a no over draft debit card and a small (~200 dollar) credit card. I am likely going to have to declare bankruptcy, and it sucks. But that's where the lawyer comes in to talk to me and see what we can do (as well as what the best option is). And hey, thanks to Obamacare, I won't have to be uninsured and deal with the monster medical costs that entails.

Currently, I am looking at lawyers I can afford, applying to jobs (building up my linkedin network, working on my resume, slinging resumes and cover letters at jobs, talking to people) and keeping on an even keel as best as I can. I also intend to use low cost health care until my insurance and such kicks in. It's going to be a very long term process, yes. But it'll get there. When student loans come up, I will talk to Great Lakes to see which payment plan option is best for me - or if I need more forbearance. They told me I was a bit early to start asking when I last contacted them.

Once things are reasonably steady, or as soon as I can, I definitely want to pick up a copy of you need a budget to help make sure I stick to my budget and build savings. I also intend to make sure I get a job that, you know, actually pays me.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

That sounds kind of fun and interesting. I'll have to look at the thread.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

pig slut lisa posted:

That sounds like a great plan. Excited to hear how it turns out for you this year! :cheers:

Thanks! I have a bank account in the US now, talking to a couple of pro bono places to see who can fit me in/low income places. At least I have it now set to where if anything is opened with my SSN, they call me. FTC forms got sent off, so I'll see how that goes. Still not a fan of my mom.

Thanks to glickeroo, I have a copy of YNAB, so that's 1/6th down. I'm reading at least one step on their guide a night and playing with it a bit. I'm checking around jobs, and trying to focus in on what I want vs what I can do if I can't get what I want vs the last ditch I don't want to starve job. Some of my family works at a local gas station and they'll take me if nothing pans out soon (the temp workers are going home/none of them applied to stay on). So I won't be totally out and starving, and I get to look after dad even if his political stance makes me want to jump out a window. Plus, they give you 2-4 extra bucks an hour for night shift. Owls, represent.

Also likely eligible for very low cost or medicare health care. Hooray for free to 10 dollar doctor visits.

• Locked thread