Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Current stats:

$90,000 pre-tax income
$400,000 in retirement savings (about $40k tax deferred and $360k taxable)
$20,000 in savings
$290,000 condo (no mortgage)

Goals for 2015:
Bump income up to $108,000 (work is commission-based with "tiers" of income at $90,000, $108,000, $120,000, etc.)
Get $23,500 into tax deferred/exempt accounts
Sell condo, buy ~$400,000 house (I WILL REGRET THIS - WHY WOULD I WANT HIGHER EXPENSES)
Resist the temptation to replace my 2003 Volvo "because I deserve to" - This has been a close call for the past 2 years
Get savings up to $25,000, or $40,000 if I don't buy a new house

Semi-monetary goal: The GF and I have 4 cats since we Brady Bunch'd my 2 and her 2 this past year. I really do think we need to rehome 2 :( Our house is a gross cat house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Current stats:

$90,000 pre-tax income
$400,000 in retirement savings (about $40k tax deferred and $360k taxable)
$20,000 in savings
$290,000 condo (no mortgage)

Goals for 2015:
1. Bump income up to $108,000 (work is commission-based with "tiers" of income at $90,000, $108,000, $120,000, etc.)
2. Get $23,500 into tax deferred/exempt accounts
3. Sell condo, buy ~$400,000 house (I WILL REGRET THIS - WHY WOULD I WANT HIGHER EXPENSES)
4. Resist the temptation to replace my 2003 Volvo "because I deserve to" - This has been a close call for the past 2 years
5. Get savings up to $25,000, or $40,000 if I don't buy a new house

6. Semi-monetary goal: The GF and I have 4 cats since we Brady Bunch'd my 2 and her 2 this past year. I really do think we need to rehome 2 :( Our house is a gross cat house.

1. Still possible... Averaged about $8,000/month between January and February
2. So far, so good - Maxed the Roth and am planning to leave my 401k contribution rate at 50% until I can't afford to or I max the 401k
3. LOL no. Home values are going up so quickly that I'm getting further and further from ever reaching this goal. I'm talking 2-5% per MONTH.
4. Still driving that ugly bitch
5. No progress on building up savings - my 50% 401k rate is killing me.

6. Our 3-year old cat died of kindey failure, so... success :(

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Exactly! I was initially doing it in order to get the employer max ASAP, but now I figure I may as well do it until I hit the limit (and then drop to 0% for the rest of the year)/

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

P.D.B. Fishsticks posted:

Is the employer match per year or per paycheck, though?

I am able to collect a total of $3,000 in employer match per year. Whatever I contribute to the 401k, they match 50% of it, and they stop for the calendar year once they've contributed $3,000.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Goals for 2015:
1 Bump income up to $108,000 (work is commission-based with "tiers" of income at $90,000, $108,000, $120,000, etc.)
2 Get $23,500 into tax deferred/exempt accounts
3 Sell condo, buy ~$400,000 house (I WILL REGRET THIS - WHY WOULD I WANT HIGHER EXPENSES)
4 Resist the temptation to replace my 2003 Volvo "because I deserve to" - This has been a close call for the past 2 years
5 Get savings up to $25,000, or $40,000 if I don't buy a new house

Semi-monetary goal: The GF and I have 4 cats since we Brady Bunch'd my 2 and her 2 this past year. I really do think we need to rehome 2 :( Our house is a gross cat house.

1- Success
2 - Success
3 - Success in that I avoided doing it. That would have been stupid.
4 - Car was totaled (while parked) and I got a great insurance payout, so success?
5 - Successssssssss

Some of our cats died for no reason, so success on the bonus too.

Gimme that Homer Simpson 401k badge pleeeease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking