Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm going to set the bar a little higher this year.

1. Continue to avoid eating out during my lunch break at work.

2. I'm going to attempt to max both IRAs and my wife's 401k this year. I believe I can do this because our expenses are so much lower than they used to be.

3. Get healthier. A healthy body is a happy wallet. I've been doing some light exercises (admittedly half assed) but I'm eating much better than I used to. At the minimum I would like to get a simple routine together and lose a little weight unless I start lifting heavy weights. I'm currently 188 lbs down from 195. :toxx:

4. Learn to cook. Right now I can cook but only easy things that aren't really exciting. Being able to cook will mean my desire to eat out will be lower overall and It will be healthier too. It's a great skill to have.

I may update this list later. I want to improve myself a lot this year. Yes I realize that 3/4 are kinda related but I like to eat.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Apparently the 401k max will be 18k in 2015

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 15, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
dbl post.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Can I change my goal to "financially survive my wife giving birth to twins and leaving her job?"

I think we can get by without touching savings but in the worst case I can get a part time job. Ill be getting a raise this month too.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
How much will you pay for a mixed (latin/white) male? Both parents have excellent genetic profiles.

• Locked thread