Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
This year was crappy because I took an unofficial temporary pay cut due to my boss being a bad at budgets (I was at least not alone in this and he suffered along with me) but it paid off in the end because we got our funding back and I got a pretty substantial raise out of it along with back pay.

End of year goals:
Pay off CCs (~$2k) - happening as soon as my back pay hits the bank this week
Finish this year's IRA contribution (~$3k)
Put any remaining back pay into my emergency fund (currently $1k, up from like $0 earlier this year :gonk:)

2015 goals:
Maintain 0 balance on all CCs
Rebuild emergency fund to cover 6mo expenses
Max out IRA and HSA contributions
Once goals 2 & 3 are out of the way start either saving to replace my beater car or pay more aggressively on my mortgage (probably car; it's 10 years old and I want to be ready for repair or replace in the event it craps out on me).

I also have a $10k inheritance coming that I have to decide what to do with. My house is my only debt once I eliminate the dumb CC balance, so its mostly just a matter of figuring out where or how I want to save it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

End of year goals:
Pay off CCs

Put any remaining back pay into my emergency fund

I did these, decided to prioritize the emergency fund over finishing out the 2014 IRA right away since my car is acting a little funny and I don't know what it may cost to have it worked on yet.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito posted:

This year was crappy because I took an unofficial temporary pay cut due to my boss being a bad at budgets (I was at least not alone in this and he suffered along with me) but it paid off in the end because we got our funding back and I got a pretty substantial raise out of it along with back pay.

End of year goals:
Pay off CCs (~$2k) - happening as soon as my back pay hits the bank this week
Finish this year's IRA contribution (~$3k)
Put any remaining back pay into my emergency fund (currently $1k, up from like $0 earlier this year :gonk:)

2015 goals:

:negative:
My boss is still being bad with budgets so I've been paid about 4 times this year, but have still managed to hit part of my goals. If I lived somewhere else I probably would have ditched this job, but I'm not going to find anything that will let me slack as much as this one at anywhere near the yearly salary and I'll get my back pay eventually.

CC balance: was paid of, promptly ran it back up again. Currently is ~$2500 split between two cards. Depending on if I get one or two paychecks next month I will pay either one or both completely off. I'm dumb for carrying balances though, and am not meeting my 0 balance goal at all.

IRA contributions: complete :toot:

HSA: still gotta do this one

Efund: Up to roughly 4 months of expenses, so just a little more to go.

So still have some work to do.
New goal: kick my boss square in the rear end every day until some money falls out.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 30, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My goals were pretty modest but I've had another terrible year of being paid late (boss still owes me a bunch of money :sigh: ) so I spent most of the year just treading water and trying not to lose ground.

2015 goals:
Failed this one bad. I used my cards to float between paychecks when I wasn't getting paid on time so they ran up pretty high. The highest balance of the year (split between two cards) was around $5100; currently one has a balance of 0 and the other is around $1450 and when I get the rest of the pay I'm owed that'll be back to 0 as well.

Failed :sigh:
But I do at least have an emergency fund again vs last year -- it's just not anywhere near where I want it to be.

IRA maxed, haven't started the HSA yet so I only partially failed this one lol
Oh, almost forgot -- I also put the inheritance into a retirement fund. It might have been better to keep it in the efund or use it for the HSA but that was more of an emotional decision than a really rational one, and it was really making me sad to think about pissing it away on daily expenses so I wanted to put it where I couldn't spend it at all.

Once goals 2 & 3 are out of the way start either saving to replace my beater car or pay more aggressively on my mortgage (probably car; it's 10 years old and I want to be ready for repair or replace in the event it craps out on me).
Car is still going but is going to need some repairs soon, I have a pretty reliable and cheap mechanic so I'm not as concerned about trying to replace it immediately though. I'm throwing a little extra on my mortgage payments every month at least.

So overall not a terribly successful year re: goals but considering the bullshit my job has thrown at me the year didn't end as badly as it could have. I know my 2016 goal should be to find a new job, but despite the pay issues I'm unlikely to find something that has as many quality of life perks as this one in my area so I'm going to stick with it for a while yet. I may not get paid on time but I can roll in at noon any day I feel like it and take off freely whenever I want, and when I do manage to get paid it's really good for this area.

Most of the bad stuff happened early on and the last quarter has been pretty good; I've been spending a bit too freely on dumb poo poo in the last couple months but I think I just wanted to cut loose a little after nearly two years of being really tight.

e: added link to original post

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 30, 2015

• Locked thread