Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neif
Jul 26, 2012

2015 Goals -

- Keep my job, Outside my control as the industry (Coal mining) I'm in is really struggling and is predicted not to see any sort of improvement until 2016.
- If the above happens then I'd really like to keep allocated $2k a month to house renovations which I'll do all myself to keep the costs at an acceptable level. Hiring tradesmen will blow out the costs x 4.
- Maintain an emergency fund of $20k.
- Start saving $1k a month for a new (used) car. My 2nd car a 2001 Hyundai Accent is starting to get a bit tired, I'll keeping saving until I've destroyed the Hyundai I'm hoping to see it last as long as the new tyres do >12 months?
- Stick to the monthly category budgets I've set in YNAB.

Pretty much everything hinges on staying in my job, if I don't well I'll get an okayish payout of $45k, but that won't last long so I'll have to look potentially very far afield to stay employed in the industry I'm in and keep earning the numbers I'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread