Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teb1288
Feb 7, 2013
I lurk a lot in BFC so maybe my first goal should be to be involved more. It will probably help me save more money.

1) Cut down how much I spend on food. Somehow as a single guy living alone I spend $300-400 on food each month. I think I can easily limit that to $250 or with a little more self control $200.
2) Pay off at least $10,000 of my student loan debt. If everything comes together perfectly, pay off $20,000.
3) Get a promotion at current job. This is entirely possible if I clean up my work a bit and will net me an extra $20,000 this year. If not, apply for other jobs. Along the same lines, discuss long term future at the organization with my boss.
4) Budget better. I have started using Mint to track expenses but I don't have purchases planned out to the dollar yet.
5) Increase emergency fund from its current 2 months to 3 months through a combination of stricter spending and putting my more in it.
6) Don't blow the tax refund on something stupid. Use it all for student loan debt.
7) Be better about doing all my shopping during sales and using coupons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread