Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Ribsauce posted:

By the end of 2015 I will have 10 properties I am receiving checks off of monthly, either via rental or owner financing (this is the goal). I currently have 1 rental property I cash flow insane off, and 1 property I bought cash and sold owner financed. These were practice runs.

There is a decent chance I am going to pick up 6 new properties by the end of January and if that happens I will consider bumping this number up to 15. I have two others I am working on as well. I recently reconfigured my retirement and cash reserve situation so I am in a decent position to be able to buy 10 properties, and even more if I decide to convert my IRA to self directed, and I have investors lined up already if I need them if things really start rolling. I have spent an entire year working on my business plan and model in my spare time as well as testing the waters with one of each type of transaction, and I think I can pull this off. If I can meet my goal this year, and 5 subsequent years, I believe I can retire before 40, which is my goal (I am 32 now). I have put an incredible amount of work into this, sought advice from very successful people, and been humble and willing to learn at every step. Even if it does not work out I have learned enough already it was worth it.

If in a few months I am having success I might post a thread detailing what I am doing.

I'm not sure if it's just the wording, but you can't manage the property if you use funds from your self directed IRA. You'd have to invest in someone else's property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread