Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

BossRighteous posted:

Oh hush, lol. We all have to start somewhere.

Edit: Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk. I thought you were making fun of me since a lot of people in this forum make 6 figures as a couple. I'm not the exception but I'm certainly not impressive comparatively :I

quote:

Monthly post tax income of $39k for 2 people (married)
That would put you at well over half a million gross, annually, which would indeed be impressive. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Financial 2015 Goals:

- Max out IRAs (myself and wife) for 2014 and 2015 tax years and 401k for 2015
- Net worth to $160,000 (currently around 110,000 I think)
- Get a decent number of points to travel around on via churning

Non-financial 2015 Goals:

- Win more games of Starcraft in the inter-corporate gaming league I play in than I did last season (3).
- Set new personal records for bench 1rm and mile run on my 30th birthday in November (aiming for 125% of body weight and < 6:30 respectively)

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

SpelledBackwards posted:

Good luck, UNLESS you're taking about AHGL and you work for a company competing against National Instruments. Then I can't support your endeavor.
We lost in the ace against you dudes last season's playoffs, this season we will be laying waste to you and the entire AHGL. None shall be spared our wrath. A sweet vengeance for rejecting me in my senior year of CS.

(the bag I got from the interviews was very useful for this year's Christmas vacation though)

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Quarterly Report:

Maxed out IRAs for 2014 tax year. On track for maxing out 401k. Gotta wait until I accumulate some more cash before I max out IRAs for 2015.
A little over 150k right now. Big jump in January and then February, first from annual bonus, then from a year's worth of RSUs vesting. 160k was probably still too conservative a goal, but at least this way I'll be able to blow past it!
Yeah I gave up on this. I just don't feel like it's worth the time/effort right now with the amount of travel we do. I definitely want to try again someday though.

- Win more games of Starcraft in the inter-corporate gaming league I play in than I did last season (3).
Currently at 3 wins (and 1 loss). Just one more, shouldn't be too hard as currently our team is #1 in the league. Should push our captain to put me in for the first round of playoffs when we'll (probably) be up against the #32 seed. :)
- Set new personal records for bench 1rm and mile run on my 30th birthday in November (aiming for 125% of body weight and < 6:30 respectively)
Will start working on this after Starcraft season is over. For now the only exercise I'm getting is biking to work.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

quote:

Financial 2015 Goals:

Basically Yes: Maxed out IRAs for myself and wife for 2014 tax year, maxed out conventional 401k contributions, and somewhat unexpectedly also after-tax 401k contributions (started this in September and my paychecks have been tiny since). Won't be able to max out 2015 IRAs until 2016, oh well, next year I'll do 'em all, I still contributed more to retirement accounts this year than anticipated.

quote:

Yes: I think I reached this around early summer and then stalled due to, well, spending. First a trip to Europe, after that just misc. stuff that we need to get a better grip on. Still, we're up a little over 160k.

quote:

Nope :(. Keep meaning to do this but whenever I research seems like there's no straightforward way to do manufactured spending. But, even our regular CC spending is high enough to where we could get a fair number of points, so I guess that's not really a good excuse.

quote:

Yes, won 4 games. I also lost like 4 or 5 games but that wasn't part of my goal! :)

quote:

Nope, never got around to it. Someday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

SpelledBackwards posted:

Way to go. I wish I could've followed along this season since my coworkers (National Instruments) did so well last season, but there was no fanfare around this one and practically no games were casted.
Previous hype levels unsustainable for what they're doing, really. It's too bad there's no AHGL this next year.

Also I beat NI's NightFury in our match so neener-neener. ;)

quote:

I only have WoL, so I don't think I could have even played the replays if I'd wanted to. Lame.
LotV is pretty good.

• Locked thread