Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Financial Goals:

-Max my Roth IRA
-Get my investment accounts up to 50k (at 38k right now)
-Pay down 25% of my student loans
-Start saving towards my wedding
-Use YNAB and get to step 4
-Get emergency fund up to 10k

Non-financial goal
-Run the LA marathon in 2016
-Get a new job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Financial Goals:

-Max my Roth IRA

Non-financial goal
-Run the LA marathon in 2016
-Get a new job

1st quarter update:
-contributing 458.33 a month to my Roth IRA
-set up direct deposit to save $250 from each paycheck for my wedding/honeymoon
-hit 10k in my emergency fund

Sadly I fell out of using YNAB and need to get back on track. The rest are still being worked out.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

1st quarter update:
-contributing 458.33 a month to my Roth IRA
-set up direct deposit to save $250 from each paycheck for my wedding/honeymoon
-hit 10k in my emergency fund

Sadly I fell out of using YNAB and need to get back on track. The rest are still being worked out.

Still on track for maxing my Roth for 2015. I did use my bonus from Q1 to max my 2014 Roth as well so this will be back to back years for me. I just wish I could get my fiancé to do the same.

Everything else will be done by December.

On the job front I've had loads of interviews but no offers. My current job may be paying for me to get my CFP which will increase my salary and future job prospects once completed.

I might even have my student loans paid off this year depending on how a few things shake out.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Financial Goals:

-Max my Roth IRA

1. Roth IRA will be maxed in December with my last 458.33 contribution. I added enough money last week so that my January contributions will start funding my 2016 Roth IRA.

2. I'm at a little bit over 50k now. I am on pace for 100k much faster than I would have anticipated a year ago in just my retirement accounts. Goal #3 being completed is really helping me out.

3. I actually paid off my student loans this year but I can't take credit for it since it came from an inheritance.

4. I am still saving $500 a month towards the wedding for next August and my fiance's parents are paying for most of it.

5. This is probably not happening this year. I am not living paycheck to paycheck by any means but my budget is much looser and kept mentally than I'd like it to be.

6. Was completed awhile ago

Still working on my non-financial goals but overall 5 out of 6 is pretty good I'd say.

• Locked thread