Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Lord posted:

Do what Baldur's Gate did and use Canadian coins.

Was this the PC version? If so, I never noticed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Lord posted:

When you donate gold to temples, the little animation of coins falling into the offering bowl uses loonies and toonies.

Some dude's screenshot using that mod that puts BG1 into the BG2 engine but it's still the same:

Neat, I never noticed that.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As a geology grad, thumbs up for Effectronica's advice. To add my two cents, the layout makes me think there must be a deep volcanic trench between the northern and southern continents, so maybe the continents are slowly moving north and south (like a few centimeters a year). Also you could put some volcanic mountains on those islands if you wanted, sort of like Japan or Hawaii.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

paradoxGentleman posted:

As for the volcanic trench, I have a question: what exactly does that mean for the stretch of sea between those regions? Underwater volcanic activity? That might be a good place to have an underwater civilization, since it given them access to

Basically there is a long division between undersea tectonic plates where new magma rises up, pushing existing rock outwards, and in turn pushing the continents away (like comparing North America and Europe), so there is plenty of underwater volcanic activity. I'd expect the ocean to be fairly deep between the north and south continents, compared to similar northern and southern continents.

Also island adventures and volcanoes go hand in hand :v:

• Locked thread