Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I tried experimenting with something new this week: stamps. Yup, stamps.

Behold the fifteen-cent first class stamp from the sovereign nation of Lichstein, featuring current monarch Duke Gebeine, the design last updated during the semiseptcentennial celebrations. Of course he hasn't particularly changed much in the past couple of centuries, so really it's just cosmetic. Maybe he just wanted to show off his new hat.

Here's how the stamp looks in practice, in case you can't make out some of the details in the blank version. The design was... tricky, to say the least. There's a more than a couple of mask layers involved, and several sneaky methods to get the art looking just right. However, the handy part about working with layers is that it makes it easier to create templates. Not a fan of red? Green, blue, even black could all be options with just a few tweaks.

Besides doing some small tweaks and trying to get the template working well, there's really only two things I need to work on at this point: first, different shapes and sizes of stamps. I'd like to try doing some oval, triangle, and maybe even octagonal stamps. While the standard square/rectangle is very useful, there's something delightfully esoteric about obtuse shapes.

Second I need to figure out what I'm actually going to use these stamps for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread