Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
Terry gets an OK heal, but I think he's mostly there because of all the dumb games where picking the option that seems like a sacrifice always ends up netting you some awesome reward later on. The old wifehater/story teller guy seems to get a stronger heal as he levels up.

I just hit the second area and whored myself out to some dudes. It was really fun and I hope to do more stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

I bought the music off STEAM. I know I've already said this, but it is very good.

Yep just bought the soundtrack along with the game. Just have to wait until after work until I can play.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Somehow, I made it through the first roulette section without losing any of my dudes. So far so good.

Is grinding your dudes up worth it though, considering it is so easy to lose them in the game?

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Do not put Tear Bear in your party. He is too beautiful to be a tool in this violent world.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Somehow, I made it through the first roulette section without losing any of my dudes. So far so good.

Is grinding your dudes up worth it though, considering it is so easy to lose them in the game?

Not really no, having a strong Brad is always good but I always found it really easy to replace party members who had accidents. Grind if you absolutely need to pre-boss but otherwise im pretty sure the xp system is designed to keep your party around the level it should be., which is 3-4 levels below what you want it to be.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
This is the dumbest question but how do you save? I finished the intro and quit out because I had poo poo to do and now I gotta start over :argh:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

This is the dumbest question but how do you save? I finished the intro and quit out because I had poo poo to do and now I gotta start over :argh:

Look for a pole with a raven on the top.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Does anyone know how to get out of the Fishman place?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh drat, the whole area with the Bee's Brothel is awesome. Anyone feeling uncomfortable over that stuff must be hilariously angry right now!

Also, I've developed a system of dudes who go first in roulette. Sorry, Poop Guy first impressions do sort of count.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
What kind of heartless person sacrifices poop guy? I got rid of the wildman because he was boring.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh drat, the whole area with the Bee's Brothel is awesome. Anyone feeling uncomfortable over that stuff must be hilariously angry right now!

Also, I've developed a system of dudes who go first in roulette. Sorry, Poop Guy first impressions do sort of count.

Do you learn any skills from doing your thing over there? I only checked it out for a minute before going to bed last night.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Does anyone know how to get out of the Fishman place?

Truck keys.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

Truck keys.

I didn't think of that. Fortunately it's possible to get out by jumping in the pool of water next to the start of the area, as I found out.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

How or where do you get more Joy? if not, how to you handle the effects?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

How or where do you get more Joy? if not, how to you handle the effects?

It seems like you just get Joy at various points throughout the game. I've been having Brad not take any Joy, and it seems like it takes longer for withdrawal symptoms to occur now than they did at the beginning. This also leaves Joy free for the party members that also need it.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Here's a short list of controls I found after dying immediately after the first fight (protip, don't walk off cliffs).

F1 - Game options
F2 - Show FPS (title & task bar)
F5 - Toggle between fullscreen/window mode
F6 - Change between window sizes (1x/2x/3x)
F12 - Back to main menu (this should be changed/removed)

Please add to the OP.

Sushipants fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 18, 2014

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Ending discussion don't mouse over:

Nanomashoes posted:

I only took Joy once (at the very end because the last gauntlet is loving impossible if you're in withdrawl). Does not taking it/taking it all the goddamn time affect the ending? FYI my ending was Brad becomes a mutant and eats Buddy.

Kinda. Brad still becomes a mutant and sneaks up on buddy but you do get an additional scene for the joyless ending. I don't know if it's sequel bait or bait to play again and do alllll optional areas/unlock all characters or something, but the scene is basically (another spoiler field in case you want to get it yourself) ... The researchers from the suburban area are talking to each other before the apocalypse. The head scientist confirms and expands on the stuff you would have read in the area, Joy was made for military benefit, the military decided it wasn't useful but the head scientist wanted to make Joy the way it is to 'make his own world', or at least he thinks he did (it seems like he was already joy'd up). He also mentions he will use "Nancy," his daughter in the new world which disgusts Buzz, the research assistant (who's also the guy who force fed you Joy) but Buzz decides to stay for 'his own reasons'

Nanomashoes posted:

Is there any way to get past the blob of flesh on the resort island?
Any way to get into the Joy lab in the suburban area, or to fight the giant mutant in one of the basements that you can see from another basement?
Where are the fishmen?
Edited: No idea about any of this, but does anyone know if making Buddy refuse to hug Brad saves her? At that point Brad was already clearly too far gone but I thought it'd just be too cruel to leave him hanging.
--
I just speedhacked my way through the game. In the joyless ending at least, the screen blacks out just as you reach Buddy so it's not known if she's okay, the head scientists name is Yado and he keeps calling Buzz, "Bernard" the names might be important when the devs release the stretch goal stories from the kickstarter.

Gentleman Baller fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 18, 2014

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Sushipants posted:

Here's a short list of controls I found after dying immediately after the first fight (protip, don't walk off cliffs).

F12 - Back to main menu (this should be changed/removed)

Please add to the OP.

The developers said this is problem with the latest Windows build of RPGMaker and they're trying to contact the developers to hopefully fix it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Boss spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/0DSVnlh.png Did not expect this at all. Game continues to be awesome.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

These snakes are rude as hell!

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
You guys weren't kidding, there are tons of characters in this. I just got Fardy, whose goddamn truck never hits poo poo and he's slow as crap, plus the rooster guy who seems pretty cool. There's a bar I can't figure out, though, what's the deal with the bar with the blue writing on it? It has nothing in it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What's the deal with the kickstarter stories or whatever?

I kinda feel reminded of Anodyne or OFF at some points. I keep feeling like there's going to be a jump scare (which I hate :shrug:) but there has yet to be any.

e: I accidently quit without saving is there any way to skip the massively long intro?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 18, 2014

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Anatharon posted:

What's the deal with the kickstarter stories or whatever?

I kinda feel reminded of Anodyne or OFF at some points. I keep feeling like there's going to be a jump scare (which I hate :shrug:) but there has yet to be any.

e: I accidently quit without saving is there any way to skip the massively long intro?

Some stretch goals were additional content (for everybody), I've played the minor ones but not really sure if the big one is in game and I didn't complete the requirements for it, or it's yet to be released.

As far as I know, the only way to speed up the intro is with Cheat Engine's speedhack or something similar.

Gentleman Baller fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 18, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Do the snakes respawn forever and theoretically let you get infinite EXP?

I wanna see if I can grind my way to taking out the joy mutant that you find after the first Karate Dojo

Also, about Dojos. The first one does eventually give you a defence up item, idk if it's worth it though.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you really feel the need grind, the shadowy figures in the pitch black tunnels are random encounters. They don't give as much exp as snakes but they won't regularly murder you and they also drop magazines, jerky, and cola.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gentleman Baller posted:

Edit: You also get gas from this area

Where abouts?

Devour or Fire posted:

If you really feel the need grind, the shadowy figures in the pitch black tunnels are random encounters. They don't give as much exp as snakes but they won't regularly murder you and they also drop magazines, jerky, and cola.

I'll probably play it when I'm watching something and see how badly it's possible to break the game. I guess I could use cheat engine too but that's cheating. :colbert:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Gentleman Baller posted:

Some stretch goals were additional content (for everybody), I've played the minor ones but not really sure if the big one is in game and I didn't complete the requirements for it, or it's yet to be released.

As far as I know, the only way to speed up the intro is with Cheat Engine's speedhack or something similar.

IIRC the dev said on Twitter that the "Last Girl" sidestory chapter thing will be a separate free release

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Anatharon posted:

Where abouts?

I don't think it was very mazey. The leader of the gang tells you to kill 4 bad guys, when you do it he lets you through to their gas supplies.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

InnercityGriot posted:

You guys weren't kidding, there are tons of characters in this. I just got Fardy, whose goddamn truck never hits poo poo and he's slow as crap, plus the rooster guy who seems pretty cool. There's a bar I can't figure out, though, what's the deal with the bar with the blue writing on it? It has nothing in it.

Sometimes you got to cry it out.

The bit with the Bulldozer is my favourite moment so far, right up to the tragicomic boss fight.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Anyone know where to take Toby? He told me to take him to someone, but I forget the name and tbh I don't think I recognized it in the first place.

e: Or how to get past the guy on Trash Island. I figure you gotta make yourself stink but I got no clue as to how.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 18, 2014

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Genocyber posted:

Anyone know where to take Toby? He told me to take him to someone, but I forget the name and tbh I don't think I recognized it in the first place.

The black guy with four swords in the area before the final encounter with the rear end in a top hat riding the deer.

e: Equip a stench or old sock accessory.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What button opens your inventory? I've only managed to do so because the B button on an Xbox 360 controller opens it but I can't figure out what the keyboard shortcut is.

Genocyber posted:

e: Or how to get past the guy on Trash Island. I figure you gotta make yourself stink but I got no clue as to how.

You can get a trash bag shawl from the first Joy mutant, punkster

Gentleman Baller posted:

I don't think it was very mazey. The leader of the gang tells you to kill 4 bad guys, when you do it he lets you through to their gas supplies.

Oh I thought you meant the place with the snakes. I was trying to figure out how to beat Charmy or whatever there.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 18, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Devour or Fire posted:

The black guy with four swords in the area before the final encounter with the rear end in a top hat riding the deer.

e: Equip a stench or old sock accessory.

Is that after you build the boat to go after Buddy?

Two more questions; how do you progress on Resort Island, past the mutant blocking the stairwell? My best guess would be TnT but I can't test that out since I don't have any anymore. And is it possible to open the hi-tech door past the experiment town? I just want to make sure I do everything I can before crossing this apparent point of no return.

Anatharon posted:

What button opens your inventory? I've only managed to do so because the B button on an Xbox 360 controller opens it but I can't figure out what the keyboard shortcut is.

Escape.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Genocyber posted:

It's at the third crossroads.

Did you get the "Bye, I guess" achievement?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Holy goddamn, that whole bit with the wrestling!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is it possible to beat Charmy without firebombs?

I basically stunlocked him with tripping until I got bored and used one, then he died instantly.

Also does resting outside ever not have bad things happen? So far I've had Olan run away, had magazines stolen, had everyone get badly poisoned and woke up with one of those weird smiling masks the Joy dudes in the warehouse had...

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 18, 2014

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think you can if you joy up your entire party, but the thing about Lisa is that dot status effects are extremely powerful and firebombs are your only source of it before you get the bike.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Answer: Yes you can if you're either A) really overleveled or B) Charmy uses it's cough up blood ability to damage itself a lot.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Devour or Fire posted:

It's at the third crossroads.

Did you get the "Bye, I guess" achievement?

Yeah, I have that achievement. No I don't, actually, just got it. Thought I did have it when I checked my cheevos list.

e: Oh, found him. Turns out I hadn't explored the area he was in.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 19, 2014

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo this game :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Genocyber posted:

No, it's one of the doors in the third crossroads.

Genocyber posted:

Two more questions; how do you progress on Resort Island, past the mutant blocking the stairwell? My best guess would be TnT but I can't test that out since I don't have any anymore. And is it possible to open the hi-tech door past the experiment town?

Jump on the dresser in one of the rooms in the second floor and then jump up again and you'll go through a hole in the ceiling.

We don't know but probably not.

• Locked thread