Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There's still the ... red rear end achievement that 0% of players have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
Do you guys think it is more worth it to cut off your first arm...or save the barbarian...Slicing off that arm would be pretty bad, right....??

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

killaer posted:

Do you guys think it is more worth it to cut off your first arm...or save the barbarian...Slicing off that arm would be pretty bad, right....??

Losing an arm's not that big of a deal in the long run; Brad's still very powerful and can still use his more useful techniques. The squirrel dude is a very strong party member, one of the best in the game imo.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So I keep losing guys when I sleep, and get a note saying come find us if you want your guy back. But I have no idea where I am supposed to go to find them. I thought when I found the guys who were all about losing your arm in exchange for someone would bring one of them back, but I didn't get him back so now I am not sure. I am missing at least 2 people now from this.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ryuujin posted:

So I keep losing guys when I sleep, and get a note saying come find us if you want your guy back. But I have no idea where I am supposed to go to find them. I thought when I found the guys who were all about losing your arm in exchange for someone would bring one of them back, but I didn't get him back so now I am not sure. I am missing at least 2 people now from this.

When you get the note it says the gang that took them. They're a gang in the general area of the campfire you rested at, and you may have encountered them already (pay attention to and remember any gang names you here).

That said it's not that big of a deal. The game gives you a ton of party members, plenty of them useful ones.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So the dev's comment about "Terry being the best character" in regards to leveling is... :allears:

Incidently I ground Terry (and brad) to ridiculous levels when I was watching a movie with my brother, but Brad still gets beat up in the night in the guy with soup's tent :argh:

Genocyber posted:

Losing an arm's not that big of a deal in the long run; Brad's still very powerful and can still use his more useful techniques. The squirrel dude is a very strong party member, one of the best in the game imo.

To add to this losing BOTH arms isn't as bad as it might sound. :v:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
My god, I kind of wish Dingaling had enough money and clout to do a live action Saint Row 3 style trailer with just a parade of Brad and the games companions strolling down some desert Highway with The Highway King from the OST blaring loudly. That music is just perfect for such a thing.

EDIT: UGH, I JUST WANT BUCKET GUY gently caress YOU ROULETTE. Attempt 5.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 19, 2014

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I'm at a loss as to where to go next. I'm still in area 2 I think - here is what I have recently done: cleared Dismal Island and the town full of Creeps, recruited Pink Ranger, Tiger Man and RT. I don't know what else there is to do in the swamp, desert or dojo-town.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 19, 2014

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You want to go in the door that's next to the guy who mentions how you have TNT now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Okay, I'm stumped, how do I get past the wrecking ball puzzle in area 3?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

Okay, I'm stumped, how do I get past the wrecking ball puzzle in area 3?

Set it to level 3 and stand on the opposite end of the trampoline.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Beat the game. I was pretty disappointed by the gameplay of the ending - the game had been shirking modern rpg conventions in all the best ways, up until building the boat. Not having an alternative to attacking Buddy on the island (tried guarding ten times), and then having a sequence of picking up two dozen each of the best consumables in the game to trivialize a fifteen minute tap-spacebar boss gauntlet all felt out of place. They felt out of place because the whole rest of the game was so drat good. This game needs an expansion pack badly. I hope it eventually gets the recognition and money it deserves. I'm reinstalling the Baldurs Gate games to ironman them, since I never knew how thrilling it is to lose party members.

Edit: found this

dingaling talking about Last Girl posted:

I'm leaning towards a completely new game. I hope to have your save file transfer over. But we will see.

May be a long while, he apparently hasn't really started developing it yet.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 20, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is there any real use for mags other than getting robbed? almost all the items I saw in stores were terrible.

MrBims posted:

Beat the game. I was pretty disappointed by the gameplay of the ending - the game had been shirking modern rpg conventions in all the best ways, up until building the boat. Not having an alternative to attacking Buddy on the island (tried guarding ten times), and then having a sequence of picking up two dozen each of the best consumables in the game to trivialize a fifteen minute tap-spacebar boss gauntlet all felt out of place.

I feel like he was worried about getting it out on time or getting bored of making it by then, which does suck.

Also the drums/cymbals in the town theme ruins the song. :colbert:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 20, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Some shops sell good upgrades. Other than that Mags are mainly useful for recruiting certain party members.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Might wanna watch those spoilers, man. Just unlocked the bard, and wow is he good. He can't attack, but his skills are just so freaking useful, he singlehandedly trivialized the Tiger Man fight for me. Also, I like Geese, who I'm pretty sure is supposed to be a reference to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk

I found mags useful for purchasing weapon and armor upgrades, and to spend at that inn so some rear end in a top hat doesn't come by and fart on me in my sleep.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Some shops sell good upgrades. Other than that Mags are mainly useful for recruiting certain party members.

none of the shops sell consumables do they? Other than a few bars with potato liqour which is ok for healing out of combat I suppose.

InnercityGriot posted:

Might wanna watch those spoilers, man.

I have no idea what you mean.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah, there's some shops that sell Iced Coffee, Fancy Perfume, and Horse Jerky, which are sort of pricey but not too bad if you made a lot of money on Russian Roulette. Iced Coffee fills your HP and SP, Fancy Perfume fully revives knocked out dudes, and Horse Jerky refills HP.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

MrBims posted:

Beat the game. I was pretty disappointed by the gameplay of the ending - the game had been shirking modern rpg conventions in all the best ways, up until building the boat. Not having an alternative to attacking Buddy on the island (tried guarding ten times), and then having a sequence of picking up two dozen each of the best consumables in the game to trivialize a fifteen minute tap-spacebar boss gauntlet all felt out of place. They felt out of place because the whole rest of the game was so drat good. This game needs an expansion pack badly. I hope it eventually gets the recognition and money it deserves. I'm reinstalling the Baldurs Gate games to ironman them, since I never knew how thrilling it is to lose party members.

I also thought then when first seeing the ending. And while it is disappointing you have to kill Marty and attack Buddy, it does serve a purpose, to show just how far Brad is gone into his delusions. That by the end of the game he's so far gone you can't really do anything to change his actions.

Anatharon posted:

none of the shops sell consumables do they? Other than a few bars with potato liqour which is ok for healing out of combat I suppose.

Some do. If you haven't seen any yet you eventually will.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
A majority of the weapons the last wardrobe merchant sells are the best in the game.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What happens with the weird mask dudes and your arm if you don't have any party members at the time other than Brad? Fighting him is literally impossible because he one-shots your whole team instantly.

Genocyber posted:

I also thought then when first seeing the ending. And while it is disappointing you have to kill Marty and attack Buddy, it does serve a purpose, to show just how far Brad is gone into his delusions. That by the end of the game he's so far gone you can't really do anything to change his actions.

I guess it'd go against the theme of the game, but I feel like at least a little more difference for clearing the game without using any Joy would be good.

Genocyber posted:

Some do. If you haven't seen any yet you eventually will.

I must've just not talked to the right ones.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 20, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

At the very start of the game, there's like a shopping cart and a dead guy or something on the screen to the left. What exactly am I looking at?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Ghost posted:

At the very start of the game, there's like a shopping cart and a dead guy or something on the screen to the left. What exactly am I looking at?

He's somebody's dad.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh, so that was a cradle.

Is this going to be a time travel thing?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

My god, Crisp is a scary sword carrying Juggernaught! worth more than 900 skin magazines now!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Devour or Fire posted:

He's somebody's dad.

Are you thinking of if you go past Brad's house to the right?

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
Question about the bard guitar guy:

If you take him to the mutant brother that was clutching the record and he leaves your party to mourn, after he gives you 100 mags, can you get him back again, or is he gone forever?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

What are everyone's favorite partners? Each time I get one I like it turns out to be a druggy and I get sad. Does feeding the druggy partners joy effect any don't use joy endings that might exist?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fat and Useless posted:

What are everyone's favorite partners? Each time I get one I like it turns out to be a druggy and I get sad. Does feeding the druggy partners joy effect any don't use joy endings that might exist?

Not using Joy doesn't effect the ending you get. AFAIK all not using Joy does is allow you to unlock a specific party member.

If you rest the withdrawal will go away, and it will also eventually fade away in battle.

My A-team was Beastborn, Harvey Alibastor, and Carp (Carp being a Joy addict). Beastborn is just hella tanky, can cause Weird, has some powerful single shot and group attacks, and can toss his critter on an enemy to apply a powerful DoT for a few turns. Harvey is also quite tanky, and his Advisory skills are super useful, causing a variety of status effects and always having a chance to proc bleed. Carp is how you completely neutralize bosses, especially single ones. After a couple of levels he learns Wrist Slash, which cuts an enemy's Atk. and Spc. Atk. This can be used multiple times, preventing them from hurting you at all. Plus he can poison enemies to add another DoT. There are other useful party members, but these ones you can get relatively early on and without much hassle.

If you want to know how to get them; Beastborn is pretty early on, in one of the first caves. You need to jump over a pit on the bike and go through a hole, then fight him. For Harvey and Carp you want to find the fishmen. Go to the swampish place where the Queen Bees are. Go a bit to the left from there place, and there will be a pit of water a single tile wide, with two plants on either side; drop down there. Harvey is in there and you should have no trouble getting him. You also want to purchase a Green Paste (50 mags) there; you give it to Carp, who is at the construction site to get him to join.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
A partner's worth is judged solely by how many status effects they can cause in a single turn so Fly is the best.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

killaer posted:

Question about the bard guitar guy:

Pretty sure he's gone forever in the scenario described. Sucks, but yeah, because he's one of the best support characters in the game.

As to the question about favorite partners, I really like Geese, because his attacks seem to straight up ignore defense/buffs, or at least it sure seems that way. Plus, he's got poison attacks which are incredibly useful against bosses in this game, and he's a loving goose, man. What's not to like?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Beat it anyhow, need to figure out the "..." achievement now.

I also need to do a drug rage play through now since I forsook joy the whole game... Maybe I'll bring Terry along for that ride.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh gently caress, I got the bad ending :smith:.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I feel kinda bad killing the joy mutant snake dude with the record...

Does anyone have a summary of what status effects do? I didn't really look at them in the note that mentioned it.

Genocyber posted:

Not using Joy doesn't effect the ending you get. AFAIK all not using Joy does is allow you to unlock a specific party member.

Apparently it adds a scene or something but Brad was shown to have been hitting Joy hard before the game anyways.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh gently caress, I got the bad ending :smith:.

only ending

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Does anyone have a summary of what status effects do? I didn't really look at them in the note that mentioned it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Thanks.

Speaking of status effects, when you're drunk does the 0 from it mean you 'missed' from being drunk or that drunk is bugged and reduces damage instead of increases it?

If anyone was curious, regarding Bo and Henry Wyatt

Taking the record, using the truck keys, getting Bo and bringing him and using him in the fight with Henry doesn't do anything, and you still need to go to Henry's head for him to leave. It's still a very :smith: scene.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 21, 2014

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I really hope the Buddy based DLC keeps the story going, instead of being sort of in the background of the main game now. Also, requesting a GIF of Disco Ball guy.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Okay so how do I kill the fucker at the broken down restaurant? Dude has wiped my party each and every time I go there and it's getting old.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fibby Boy posted:

Okay so how do I kill the fucker at the broken down restaurant? Dude has wiped my party each and every time I go there and it's getting old.

Which guy do you mean, exactly? And the best way to take down any boss is to use party members with debuffs. Poison/bleed/fire can do much more damage than regular attacks since they seemed to be based on the enemy's max HP, and you can do poo poo like blind them or reduce their offense to the point where they can't damage you.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

Which guy do you mean, exactly? And the best way to take down any boss is to use party members with debuffs. Poison/bleed/fire can do much more damage than regular attacks since they seemed to be based on the enemy's max HP, and you can do poo poo like blind them or reduce their offense to the point where they can't damage you.

In Wally's restaurant. He's got a clown mask on and has a stupid laugh. Every time I've fought him he wipes my party with scratch attacks that do over 2000 damage a pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fibby Boy posted:

In Wally's restaurant. He's got a clown mask on and has a stupid laugh. Every time I've fought him he wipes my party with scratch attacks that do over 2000 damage a pop.

You can absolutely cheese any single enemy fight with Carp. After a few levels he gets Wrist Slash which reduces an enemy's attack and special attack. This can be used multiple times and make them do no damage.

If you don't have him just look at what party members you do have access to, and pick ones that can cause debuffs. Especially ones that make it harder for him to hit you, like blind, crying, paralysis, pissed off, etc.

• Locked thread