Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
I've often thought of doing a Hal Hartley thread, so I was glad to see this one. Pity it doesn't seem to be getting traction, but there you go.

I was a huge, HUGE fan of his 90s output - Unbelievable Truth, Simple Men, etc. - so much so that I actually bought the script books and badgered friends into seeing them. (The response: "one of the stupidest things I've ever seen".) But I'm not so enamoured of his output from "Henry Fool" onwards. I always wished it was more like his earlier stuff, which maybe is unrealistic.

I pledged for his first Kickstarter, "Meanwhile". It delivered roughly on time and was ... okay? I mean, it was a Hal Hartley film, and he had these ideas about it becoming a TV series but no network would pick it up. And I could see why. It was odd and a bit meandering, and I couldn't really say it was about anything.

But the music was cool. Hartley always has great, cool music that has introduced me to so many artists. I've even got several CDs of his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread