Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Agreed. I like that the game bait and switches you and playing as Raiden successfully enhances the feeling of being out of the loop and out of control of the situation, and then suddenly you're fighting alongside snake and the colonel is telling you to shut off your console and it's awesome.

Kojima's Vision

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocGtY9wuUNk

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

MGR Raiden/Batman will always be the best Metal Gear character.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

MGR Raiden isn't as good of a player character. He's cool and all but, just not as good of a choice.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wormskull posted:

MGR Raiden isn't as good of a player character. He's cool and all but, just not as good of a choice.

He wasn't cool, he's a complete dork. I love him.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I got to the part in MGS2 where you have to cover the girl with a sniper rifle while she slowly walks across the pipes. She walked over a landmine and died because there hadn't been any mines for like 5 minutes and I thought there wouldn't be any more.

I haven't played it in several months.

It was good up to that point though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I got to the part in MGS2 where you have to cover the girl with a sniper rifle while she slowly walks across the pipes. She walked over a landmine and died because there hadn't been any mines for like 5 minutes and I thought there wouldn't be any more.

I haven't played it in several months.

It was good up to that point though.

It's not your fault she's hazard prone.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.
Is he any good in metal gear rising?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

RainMaker posted:

Is he any good in metal gear rising?

He'd be alright, if that game wasn't rear end.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

One person I know found the MGS2 Raiden hate (and by extension hate for pretty boy protagonists) amusing because it's the closest thing to a male characters in a video game meant to be sexually appealing to women rather than the other way around, and a lot of the complaining is about how he's a pretty and NOT MANLY.

Of course, she also liked Tidus because she could relate to a character who was an awkward fuckup and found it endearing.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

:whitewater:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Zandatsu is a little annoying but it's a pretty good game on Hard

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

remember that revengeance survey

do you think this character is cool?
yes/no

do you like this character?
yes/no

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Mr Tastee posted:

One person I know found the MGS2 Raiden hate (and by extension hate for pretty boy protagonists) amusing because it's the closest thing to a male characters in a video game meant to be sexually appealing to women rather than the other way around, and a lot of the complaining is about how he's a pretty and NOT MANLY.

Of course, she also liked Tidus because she could relate to a character who was an awkward fuckup and found it endearing.

Thanks for posting these mundane, uninteresting personal anecdotes. Your'e great!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The best player character of all time is choosing the "Jew" class in the South Park game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wormskull posted:

Bad rear end, that is.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

conceitedguy posted:

Thanks for posting these mundane, uninteresting personal anecdotes. Your'e great!

You're welcome! :shobon:

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Didn't Kojima make Raiden because Japanese girls didn't find Snake attractive or something like that? I remember reading something along those lines years ago.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
I need scissors, op

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
but op, what about the quake guy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Kojima: I wanted our game to star a beautiful man, I mean a man whose features are the polar opposite to those of me and my countrymen.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

snake is already a beautiful man.. p hosed up...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what always gets me is the defeated look on his face in the last panel

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol never gets old

Dec 26, 2012

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Alain Post posted:

The best player character of all time is choosing the "Jew" class in the South Park game.

Cartman's cracks are so funny when you pick a cass,,,

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Mr Tastee posted:

I've been a gamer for many years and never heard a single person complain about Raiden being too pretty. Most people don't like him because of his bitch-like way of talking and his whiny conversations with Rose, his ex girl friend, which are constantly happening while he's trying to save the president 's life...

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I don't like MGS2 Raiden because he didn't have any posters on his walls.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Sephiroth is extremely pretty and mm sexually desireable, yet I've never heard anyone call him a bitch or complain about him being un-badass. Maybe its because he doesnt have neurotic arguments with his girlfriend every 5 minutes and cry about his child hood.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDvQGGZzfI

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DNS posted:

Sephiroth is extremely pretty and mm sexually desireable, yet I've never heard anyone call him a bitch or complain about him being un-badass. Maybe its because he doesnt have neurotic arguments with his girlfriend every 5 minutes and cry about his child hood.

to be fair, his childhood was less about listening to linkin park to forget about a deadbeat dad and more about gunning down people before he had pubes

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
I disagree, he's a very good character, but I think The Master Chief is the best game character ever.

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
Did you say nerd?

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
normally i agree with your opinions OP, but this one is just so drat hosed up that I cannot agree.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'm a pretty big fan of him. He's a dork, but a dork that grows a lot and kicks rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

obstipator posted:

normally i agree with your opinions OP, but this one is just so drat hosed up that I cannot agree.

What other game do you play as a stinky turd weiner guy who all his experience is basically from playing video games all the time, but he still manages to be a bit of a badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Raiden is like the ultimate gamer.

• Locked thread