Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kojima trolled me by making Raiden the main character of MGS2 and I don't know if I can ever forgive him for that. All positive aspects of Raiden have been tainted by this.
For that reason, the closest thing Raiden can be to the best player character, is being the best worst player character. He's epicly fail and I hate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

obstipator posted:

Kojima trolled me by making Raiden the main character of MGS2 and I don't know if I can ever forgive him for that. All positive aspects of Raiden have been tainted by this.
For that reason, the closest thing Raiden can be to the best player character, is being the best worst player character. He's epicly fail and I hate him.

I personally think it's an epic twist and I think the character they chose to do it with couldn't of been a better choice. Farewell.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Raiden... he's cool

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I personally think it's an epic twist and I think the character they chose to do it with couldn't of been a better choice. Farewell.

I agree.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Wormskull posted:

What other game do you play as a stinky turd weiner guy who all his experience is basically from playing video games all the time, but he still manages to be a bit of a badass.

RAiden is a baby bitch loser wishing he was Snake the whole game... that is, until he gets his hand on some Hanzo steel, and it's time for this Gamer to take revenge on the world! This is my dream!

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Wormskull posted:

This.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Snake takes out Rex but then Raiden takes out like 40 Rays so who is the real badass?

Trick question because the Oscar goes to Ocelot for his work on the Solid Snake Simulation tm.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Wormskull posted:

Raiden is like the ultimate gamer.

Ghost Babel-era Raiden is the best player character of all time, and also very meta, which is a very MGS thing

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Revengence Raiden is awesome because he's become what he always wanted to be- an awesome cyborg ninja that kills everything while chewing on scenery- and yet he's still a huge dork.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Raiden kept the HF Blade after MGS2 and decided to learn to use it

by watching tons of samurai movies

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I don't agree but I respect your opinion.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I did some research, and it turns out it's actually Jak.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I did some research, and it turns out it's actually Jak.

hes called Jack not jak

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raiden, the president needs you I think.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:eyepop: MGS2-era Raiden is the best player character of all time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMJmoNANFW4

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3QbYQU-lg8

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Cyra posted:

Agreed. I like that the game bait and switches you and playing as Raiden successfully enhances the feeling of being out of the loop and out of control of the situation, and then suddenly you're fighting alongside snake and the colonel is telling you to shut off your console and it's awesome.

Kojima's Vision
I think you are mistaken
Snake died on the tanker 2 years ago

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

what ever happened to pliskin?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Butt Ghost posted:

what ever happened to pliskin?

I think he escaped from New York.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
real talk: an escape from new york game would rule

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Apparently it almost happened in 2005.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

real talk: an escape from new york game would rule

If that happened, it would be hilarious to see gamers who have never watched those movies complain about Snake Plissken being a solid snake ripoff.

• Locked thread