Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

I recommend against getting a bird. The birds you want to cuddle and play with also want to take up ALL of your time because they're excessively social and would live in flocks of hundreds in the wild. They will be lonely in your house as single birds and are noisy as gently caress to boot. The birds that do fine without human attention all the time are things like finches, sparrows, doves etc. and those won't give a gently caress about you, but also won't want to cuddle with you and so forth. They may also be noisy.

Rats are sort of the perfect pets. They don't live forever, so if your living situation changes frequently (or is changing frequently right now) they won't be with you that long, they are smart as hell and can learn tricks. They can be potty trained, trained to play basketball, do your taxes (if it's an easy on-line type software) and have huge personalities. They're also almost entirely silent and are omnivorous so will enjoy sharing more of your food with you. They are crazy-wonderful.

Get 2 boys or 2 girls. They come in all kinds of colors and flavors. Remember, the dumbo and rex traits may be linked to mental retardation so if you want smart ones try to get the regular kind...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Superconsndar posted:

yeah no

There are stories of dumbos being kind of tardo when they first started popping up but this hasn't been an issue for decades (and was never really confirmed as a thing in the first place) and the rex gene does not correlate to intelligence in any way

Great! I've not met the smart ones but I have mostly just had normal ones.

• Locked thread