Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
What's the worst that can happen in open play? Can you be stuck with a game over "no credits left" situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Oh no! I scratched my paint :smith:

Popoto fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 16, 2014

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
To add to the OP : How to be Explorer / Trader / Combatant from scratch plz I'm flailing in space (having fun)

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Is anyone interested in space radio?

I recommend the album "Spaces" by Nils Frahm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KISn02IIl_U

Makes for some awesome space trucking.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Virginia Blend posted:

Yeah I'm done with this game for awhile. Managed to work up about 40k in bounties. Fly to my local space station

DOCKING REQUEST DENIED
DOCKING REQUEST DENIED
DOCKING REQUEST DENIED
DOCKING REQUEST DENIED
DOCKING REQUEST DENIED

:argh:

No seriously WHAT THE gently caress. No other ships in sight I have no bounty and I am literally 10 feet from the station. This is pants on head retarded.

So I decided to alt+tab out to check on the wiki about not being able to dock....TAB is also my boost. As I Alt+Tab over to Chrome I hear my engines engaged and a loud explosion as I ram into the station.

Back in game I am dead and lost all my bounty cash to turn in....gently caress this game.

:rant:

Probable cause:

Docking pads where full.
You were closer than 5km - further than 7.5 km to the station.

I think I heard those things in the docking tutorial? Not sure.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Knifegrab posted:

There are a couple physics simulation things that really bum me out. For instance there really are no gravitational effects in this game other than the way gravity wells affect super cruise.

And secondly, if you eject cargo, eventually they stop moving. Eject a piece of cargo and then ram it with your ship. Eventually it stops spinning/moving which makes ZERO sense in space.

I am not trying to say this game should be a totally awesome newtonian simulation, but it seems weird that it works the way it does.

I get what you mean, but at the same time, simulations of physics can be the biggest ressource intensive thing on a graphic or processor card (depending on where they draw their ressource from). I saw some amazing stuff a few years ago from some cards entirely dedicated to physics, back when tech engineers where dreaming that computers would have a cpu, a graphic card and a physic card. But yeah... still waiting (hoping) for that.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I'm having enough fun in this game to consider getting a Joystick just for the immersion factor even though my 360 does the job fine. Kill me.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Third World Reggin posted:

To celebrate being a serf I decided to upgrade my ui.

Sup mauve buddy :hfive:

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Anyone has a good throttle to recommend to go with a Thrustmaster 16000m ? I got recommended that joystick for a good medium between low-end and precision. Thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Random question : does anyone have a nice light purple (Byzantine) colour scheme that doesn't gently caress up with the Friendly/Neutral/Enemy colours of the radar? I'd also settle for light blue instead. I tried myself and almost got it previously but found out it made all my radar signs white >.> oops

• Locked thread