Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

BambooEarpick posted:

Anyway, this game is pretty fun but I'm kinda stuck. I am hella poor in gold and bread. I also don't have any fancy 6* weapons or the super beast contract heros outside of Lilith.

Bread dungeon is every Friday and Saturday, farm the 9th stage with D'art/Healer/Healer. Use 3-chains when they pop up on D'art, otherwise just spam heal blocks and let his passive do all the work. Energy of Goddess helps it go faster, naturally.

You can get a few 5* weapons from daily gifts starting out, and past that once you've got a good enough team to run through hardmode stages you can start farming World Bosses for 5*/6* weapons.

As far as gold... well, wish I knew what to tell you. The gold grind is huge, especially for the 5*->6* transition and getting great successes on skills/weapons, and the sunday dungeon might help some, but it doesn't help nearly enough.

As far as the contract-specific heroes, it's honestly just luck. Pull 10-shots, pray for good luck on the end-of-month daily login prizes, and hope for the best. Luckily, a decent amount of good, solid units aren't contract-only, like Susanoo, Thor (who got a huge boost when everyone else got nerfed, he's pretty solid now), Mew/Yeowdoowhatever, Nazrune, and the legendaries.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Yeah, I've been working on bread every week but it goes so fast. Also, doughnuts for days. gently caress 70% breads.

I have a 5* Sasquach and 2 EoG healers so bread dungeon goes pretty fast. Also Dionne does 10k damager per activation so that can make it go faster if I ever get a lull in blocks.

Really my biggest problems are weapons, gold and contract heros.
I'd say over 50% of the time I try to do World Boss the game just poops itself. I'll start and it'll be eternally black or I'll win and walk forever or whatever else can go wrong. It's really frustrating. I can do up to the 3rd dungeon. Ultimate? As long as Archon gets his stun going it's GG. Of course, I always pick up a sack of gold (or two) from winning so I don't even know why I try.

So, I'm looking for some Coliseum advice with my team. I pretty much insta-lose to any Kriemhild team and also have a bad match up against Thor teams. Is there anything I can do about it besides leveling my duders more?
+3Lilith/+3Dart/+3Alex.

Matches against Kriem go like this:
Kriem doesn't get a 3-chain and I win handily.
OR
sec1: Kriem stuns my entire team.
sec2: My team is stunned, Lilith dies.
sec3: My team is stunned.
sec4: Kreim reactivates 3-chain; my team is stunned, Dart dies.
sec5: My team is stunned.
sec6: I lose.

Matches against Thor go like this:
Thor never gets his passive and I win handily.
OR
Thor gets his passive active and kills my entire team with lightning bolts that do 10k neutral damage per second.

I'm guessing against Thor I should just run Annut over Bella to remove his buff but I don't know what to do against Kriem.

I should also mention I have a hard time with Susanoo because he never EVER seems to get caught in Magic Storm. He doesn't get pushed back while attacking or something so he can give me a really hard time. Then, when I activate MS again it completely misses even if he's the only guy left. To a lesser degree the same with Mundeok but he has lower attack so it's a bit easier to take him down.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

With a team whose damage is so focused in the back of the squad with D'art and Lilith, I'd say Prestina would help a bit against Kreim - the biggest issue with stun spam is that Kreimhild's area of effect is comparatively small, just like most paladins.

Like you said, your best bet with Thor would be to run Anut and just null his counter-murder buff any time it pops up, though considering it triggers pretty much any time a 3-chain hits, that's easier said than done.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
I thought the Prestina idea was super good until I just tried it.
Lilith was off the screen, Dart was at the edge of the screen, and Alex was front line. Kriemhild stunned all of them and killed Lilith in one hit despite her being off screen.
vOv

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010
Started playing last week, got Lilith and Nightingale off lucky premium rolls. I have Lilith at 6*, running her with Night and Leon at 5*. No Sasquatch for MStorm yet, so using Recycle.

I know Joan or Alex would be a better bet than Leon, but would it be worthwhile to 6* Leon for now (still in Forest hard) or start trying to promote for Alex? Likewise, I know Mew would be better for feeding Lilith blocks, but I don't have her yet. Was planning to 6* Night because I know she's a strong healer who fits in a lot of teams. Thoughts?

Also, are people still using the Line app? Still stuck with a friendlist of pubbies who never send honor. (In as spacejerk.)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

space jerk posted:

Started playing last week, got Lilith and Nightingale off lucky premium rolls. I have Lilith at 6*, running her with Night and Leon at 5*. No Sasquatch for MStorm yet, so using Recycle.

I know Joan or Alex would be a better bet than Leon, but would it be worthwhile to 6* Leon for now (still in Forest hard) or start trying to promote for Alex? Likewise, I know Mew would be better for feeding Lilith blocks, but I don't have her yet. Was planning to 6* Night because I know she's a strong healer who fits in a lot of teams. Thoughts?

Also, are people still using the Line app? Still stuck with a friendlist of pubbies who never send honor. (In as spacejerk.)

Leon's not a bad unit, but he's entirely designed as DPS, so a Lilith/Night/Leon team would be very brutal, but relatively fragile. I'd say go ahead and 6* Night, since she unlocks a good skill at 5* and her healing is just as good as Mew's but in different circumstances.

Don't try to promote for Alex, you'll get one for free once you get to Volcano (Hard). Instead try to beef up the team you already have. Leon's good to have for certain circumstances where you need damage over resilience, since with his 6* Passive skill and transcend level Final Judgement, he can barf out 1000% power attacks pretty consistently.

If you really DO have to promote 3*s at this point, go for Healers to try to get Mew and Yeowoodang. Mew's normal ability is by far the best for single-target healing (plus she has that block-generating passive) and Yeow's 5* form unlocks Energy of Goddess, which is the best Healer skill by far.

And as far as I know there's no Line group any more, or there is and nobody uses it, or what have you. Honestly, though, once you get a good or even decent colosseum team, you don't really need the friend honor since you'll be raking it in through arena wins. It starts at about ~100 honor per colo ticket on the lowest rank, assuming you can get a 10-win streak, and only gets higher as you rank up.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

BambooEarpick posted:

I thought the Prestina idea was super good until I just tried it.
Lilith was off the screen, Dart was at the edge of the screen, and Alex was front line. Kriemhild stunned all of them and killed Lilith in one hit despite her being off screen.
vOv

After getting my Kriemhild to +4, I now understand the how awesome Alex/Sus/Kriem is. Getting trans hammers is a real game changer for her as well. Trans h hammers shits SP like no joke and having nine hammers going is OP.

But very few matches even get that far when a single 3-block utterly destroys anything not 60+2. I've gone from buffing my arch/dart/alex team almost everytime to insure arch gets MR first, but now I hardly buff.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Did a 50 pull with the event up, 1 4 star, Alice. It sucks rear end to try and get any fun unit.

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

Snowmankilla posted:

Did a 50 pull with the event up, 1 4 star, Alice. It sucks rear end to try and get any fun unit.

Pretty sure I've spent about 200 gems plus various free contract pulls that toast gave out, and have gotten Vivian and Mondrian. Just loggging in for bread baking and giving/receiving honor at this point.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
My end of the month summon ended up being a 4-star contract.. Sneak. :drat:

Right now Im running 5* Archon, 5* Susanoo, and 5* Woopa. My main guys I have leveled so far are Thor, Korin, Lilith, and Yeow. Are there any priest I should focus on getting for general PvE?

Should I ditch my team and focus on Lilth, Sneak and healer/tank?

burntpork fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 31, 2015

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Hardawn posted:

After getting my Kriemhild to +4, I now understand the how awesome Alex/Sus/Kriem is. Getting trans hammers is a real game changer for her as well. Trans h hammers shits SP like no joke and having nine hammers going is OP.

But very few matches even get that far when a single 3-block utterly destroys anything not 60+2. I've gone from buffing my arch/dart/alex team almost everytime to insure arch gets MR first, but now I hardly buff.

Yeah. I'm flopping between a Lilith/Dart/Alex build and a Kriem/Sus/Alex build. The problem is my weapons are poo poo tier and don't even have good enchants on them or whatever and I'm too poor to keep rolling for good ones. With the Kriem/Sus/Alex I do ok but matches go a lot longer and if they have something like Archon and some beefy enough tanks I die to eterna-stun.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

burntpork posted:

My end of the month summon ended up being a 4-star contract.. Sneak. :drat:

Right now Im running 5* Archon, 5* Susanoo, and 5* Woopa. My main guys I have leveled so far are Thor, Korin, Lilith, and Yeow. Are there any priest I should focus on getting for general PvE?

Should I ditch my team and focus on Lilth, Sneak and healer/tank?

Well, Lilith with trans-Magic Storm will carry you to about 30% masters if she has alex in the front. and you automatically get Alex by doing the story line quests. Yeowdoowong at 6* has a really good passive. 3-chains give 50% chance to generate a block for each member of your team. However, her healing is a bit on the low side since it's a team heal. Mew is a favored priest because she does single target healing that can be 1-chain and still have high efficacy; the idea is you're having a tank absorb most, if not all, of the damage so you only need to heal one person anyway.

Sneak is literally the best unit in the game or something because everyone in the top 100 teams are like "Sneak/Sneak/Sneak" or some poo poo.
If you have Lilith I'd level Lilith over Archon. Susanoo is good to level and pairs well with sneak (who I don't have so I hate you).

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

BambooEarpick posted:

Well, Lilith with trans-Magic Storm will carry you to about 30% masters if she has alex in the front. and you automatically get Alex by doing the story line quests. Yeowdoowong at 6* has a really good passive. 3-chains give 50% chance to generate a block for each member of your team. However, her healing is a bit on the low side since it's a team heal. Mew is a favored priest because she does single target healing that can be 1-chain and still have high efficacy; the idea is you're having a tank absorb most, if not all, of the damage so you only need to heal one person anyway.

Sneak is literally the best unit in the game or something because everyone in the top 100 teams are like "Sneak/Sneak/Sneak" or some poo poo.
If you have Lilith I'd level Lilith over Archon. Susanoo is good to level and pairs well with sneak (who I don't have so I hate you).

Yeah, I had an idea of what units would synergize well with my units, but wanted to see if any of you goons had some input. Thank you!

I hate me too for getting sneak. It was one of the few times I said 'holy poo poo' out loud over a mobile game.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

quote:

I stole all your luck. My ten-contract had Alice, Mundeok, another Archon, Vivian, and a 5-star Joan of Arc. (All trash for the rest, but I'm sure as gently caress not complaining.)

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Did a 10-pull. 9 3* dupes and an Abel.
Fffffffff. Rate up my rear end.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
My 28th day pull was Premium! Too bad it was Gon.

On Sunday, I did a 50 gem contract, and got four 4-star dudes:
No9, Gon, Nazrune, No9.

So now I can field a full team of No9, which is cool I guess. Gon seems pretty bad and I already had a Nazrune, so I guess I can try double Naz??

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cruseydr posted:

So now I can field a full team of No9, which is cool I guess. Gon seems pretty bad and I already had a Nazrune, so I guess I can try double Naz??

The problem being that you'll never willingly use a 3-chain with Nazrune, ever, so you need someone to feed the animals, so to speak.

Maybe there's some viability in Archon/Naz/Naz...

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Did they nerf Maria? I finally got her to drop, leveled her up, and she's... underwhelming.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sundae posted:

Did they nerf Maria? I finally got her to drop, leveled her up, and she's... underwhelming.

They nerfed her around the beginning of last month, when there was a mighty wail and gnashing of teeth that D'art/Maria/Robin wasn't a murderteam any more. They smacked all three parts of the combo with the nerf bat, though D'artagnan got hit a lot softer than the other two, her passive just activating slightly less often.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Did a 10-contract during the summon-up event.

9 3* units and the 4* unit was one I already had. I don't know what I expected.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I wanted to buy some jewels, but the game is asking me to buy them with won. I just wanted my guaranteed contract hero.
:negative:

burntpork fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 5, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Won? Is that some sort of seedy third party or something? :confused:

(If you want a guaranteed contract hero, save up 50 gems. The 10-pull always guaruntees at least one contract-only, though it isn't afraid of puking out duplicates.)

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

Won? Is that some sort of seedy third party or something? :confused:

(If you want a guaranteed contract hero, save up 50 gems. The 10-pull always guaruntees at least one contract-only, though it isn't afraid of puking out duplicates.)

Won as in south korean currency. Ill probably buy a jewel pack now and wait for another rate-up, but Im wondering if they'll ever have better jewel sales than the ones they've been having now.

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004
This event rules, I've already found 3x Superior Staves and 2x Demon Hunters. Too bad I rolled up a near perfect Ancient Staff (28.75 HA/28.75 HA/5.75 crit) not 2 days ago . At least it only took one roll per slot so I didn't waste a bunch of gold. Now we just need a rate up on weapon conversion as a follow-up event.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I bought the starter pack (30 jewels, 500 honor, and guaranteed 4* Contract-Only hero) and ended up with Necron! Yay! He looks a little awkward to use, but that's to expect from a jack-of-all-trades unit. Any goon have experience with this guy in PvE/WB?

edit: Would a team of Lilith/Necron/Tank or Healer be decent enough to work?
edit: Seems Necron has a bug* where he can summon many servants using the Shadow Mage skill. This lead to some crazy amounts of damage once you start using chain-3s with all those servants.

Maybe something like Necron/Sneak/Mew would work out for the Necron Army

burntpork fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 8, 2015

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004

burntpork posted:

I bought the starter pack (30 jewels, 500 honor, and guaranteed 4* Contract-Only hero) and ended up with Necron! Yay! He looks a little awkward to use, but that's to expect from a jack-of-all-trades unit. Any goon have experience with this guy in PvE/WB?

edit: Would a team of Lilith/Necron/Tank or Healer be decent enough to work?
edit: Seems Necron has a bug* where he can summon many servants using the Shadow Mage skill. This lead to some crazy amounts of damage once you start using chain-3s with all those servants.

Maybe something like Necron/Sneak/Mew would work out for the Necron Army

I'm jealous, Necron looks rad. I think I read something about Stein's robots having great synergy with Necron's army, maybe give that a shot if you happen to have one or promote one while going for something else? Other than that I haven't seen a lot of teams that run Necron but I'm interested in hearing about your experience using him.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Cloudchaos posted:

I'm jealous, Necron looks rad. I think I read something about Stein's robots having great synergy with Necron's army, maybe give that a shot if you happen to have one or promote one while going for something else? Other than that I haven't seen a lot of teams that run Necron but I'm interested in hearing about your experience using him.

Necron's viability all depends on how Toast intends to fix Shadow Mage + Necron's interaction with each other. As of now it feels really buggy. Any time your shadow doppelgänger's timer runs out you can summon a new minion without the 1st one expiring. This can lead with you having 5 or more 3-chain minions summoned on the screen than have high atk, high hp, and can tank the party's damage with 1-block spam. If they end up making it so Shadow Mage only allows 1 minion to be summoned then any Necron builds currently out there are moot.

Despite that, Im liking how Necron opens up a lot of new build possibilities for PvE/WB because of the amount of minions he can summon. From what I read, the ideal team composition is Yeo/Necron/filler*. When Yeo's heal passive is activated she identifies Necron's minions as "Necron". So, when you have minions summoned there's a higher chance of generating Necron blocks when Yeo does her party heal. As crazy as that sounds, what interests me more is how Necron's minions interact with other heroes's passives.

Hypothetically, Necron(L)/Stein/Alex or Joan could be abused in PvE/WB. The strategy would be to summon as many minions as you can, activate Stein's heal-bot passive, and then use Alex/Joan 1-chain to take the party's damage. According to this (http://redd.it/308a9o), Stein's party atk-buff transfers over to Alex/Joan when they're tanking which results in insane auto attack/block damage if the party is hit enough.

I just hope Toast does not kill the dream of endless minions.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I've been having a blast running Archon (L) with Nazrune as the damage dealer in Arena, but my third character (Mew 6*) really has no synergy. Any recommendation on an alternative team arrangement to maximize Nazrune effectiveness? I love how she obliterates entire teams in one passive activation, and I'd like to make it more reliable against Mundeok / 6* Pally whatever his name is teams. I tend to be too squishy for their rush attacks and die before I can activate Nazrune.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sundae posted:

I've been having a blast running Archon (L) with Nazrune as the damage dealer in Arena, but my third character (Mew 6*) really has no synergy. Any recommendation on an alternative team arrangement to maximize Nazrune effectiveness? I love how she obliterates entire teams in one passive activation, and I'd like to make it more reliable against Mundeok / 6* Pally whatever his name is teams. I tend to be too squishy for their rush attacks and die before I can activate Nazrune.

Yeow might be a better healer, or either Alex or Joan of Arc as a tank in order to keep damage away from Naz and Archon. You're still gonna have problems against stun-heavy teams if you don't get good starting blocks (3x Arch, or Arch-Arch-Naz are your best bets) but what team doesn't. :shrug:

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010

Cloudchaos posted:

This event rules, I've already found 3x Superior Staves and 2x Demon Hunters. Too bad I rolled up a near perfect Ancient Staff (28.75 HA/28.75 HA/5.75 crit) not 2 days ago . At least it only took one roll per slot so I didn't waste a bunch of gold. Now we just need a rate up on weapon conversion as a follow-up event.

Blacksmith Rate Up event's live now, if anyone else is in the same boat.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

So I played this game for a tiny bit when it first came out, but then I got busy and iOS was also having crashing issues so I basically quit. I kinda want to try starting it up again.

I have a 5* Giparang of Half Moon, a 4* Alexander (who is max level, so if I recall correctly I would need to stuff him with bread and then get enough honor to promote him), and a 4* Yeowoodong. And my Leon is still a 3*. And looking quickly at my quests, I'm on 3-20 normal mode.

I guess what should I be focusing on, and any tips for a newbie?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Clocks posted:

So I played this game for a tiny bit when it first came out, but then I got busy and iOS was also having crashing issues so I basically quit. I kinda want to try starting it up again.

I have a 5* Giparang of Half Moon, a 4* Alexander (who is max level, so if I recall correctly I would need to stuff him with bread and then get enough honor to promote him), and a 4* Yeowoodong. And my Leon is still a 3*. And looking quickly at my quests, I'm on 3-20 normal mode.

I guess what should I be focusing on, and any tips for a newbie?

Alex is one of the better tank characters in the game, and Yeow is one of the better healers, though for the characters you have she'd probably lose out to a single-target healer (read: Mew). That wouldn't be relevant until much later, though. The two of them plus either Giparang or Leon would definitely be able to push through the rest of the first 4 chapters in Normal mode with a little work and training, and possibly even make a dent in Hard (Giparang will probably be more helpful in Hard PvE due to ability to hit hiding mages/healers) but you've... basically got the right idea. Max level, stuff full of bread, promote.

With Alex/Giparang/Yeow, you could probably start running the Disarm dungeon when it comes around, too, hopefully to the point where you could farm the lowest level for a chance of getting D'Art. That's not a huge priority right now, though - your biggest priority is probably gonna be promoting peeps. Get your preferred team up to 6*, start promoting 3*s to try to fill out the roster for more potentially good units, dabble in the colosseum enough to get honor and gems. Take advantage of the bakery as much as possible (always use the best oven available, crappier bread more often is not a replacement for good bread less often since your biggest problem will be gold) since with your current party, the bread dungeon would be an utterly excruciating slog. Ignore it for now and focus on bakery bread and gifts if possible.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Got a question for you guys I have R-0, Hikari and Giparang. Should I get rid of R-0 since her passive is a little meh?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Like for honor? Why cant you keep her?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Yeah for the honor. I dunno I'm just not digging her for real. Maybe I don't have any people I can build a decent team around her with. :shrug:

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I use her as leader for bread dungeon 9. R-0, Arona, Yeowoodong.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

How do I add friends? It feels like I've looked everywhere.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006

pennywisdom posted:

How do I add friends? It feels like I've looked everywhere.

Click the friends icon in the lower left then you'll see invite in one of the tabs. In game as BlizzyCo if you need any friends.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Click the friends icon in the lower left then you'll see invite in one of the tabs. In game as BlizzyCo if you need any friends.

Turns out I hadn't played long enough to unlock it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

pennywisdom if anyone wants to add me. I started going through the first couple of pages, but most of you guys haven't logged in for 100+ days.

• Locked thread