Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

gwrtheyrn posted:

Compared to the christmas snowman? I'm at ~lvl 25 4* and he's still significantly weaker than the snowman, but I'm pretty sure that's mostly the christmas units being stupidly powerful. On that note, I learned that you shouldn't sell dupe christmas units immediately because they're ridiculously easy to level and sell for 100 extra honor at max level

I can't even dent the xmas dungeon.

I'm so bad at this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Healer + leon with the crescent slash thing + multishot ranger should be able to do the easy christmas dungeon at 3* if you have them decently leveled. The santa from the 3rd level is also decent for clearing the dungeons too, but then you need a female dps character. Don't bother doing 3-chains except for heals

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I have pretty much exactly that team (Leon, nun healer, R-9999) and I get slaughtered in the xmas dungeon anyway and it's entirely unclear why. Nothing takes damage and my guys just all die.

edit: maybe R-9999 counts as male? looks female...

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Coldbird posted:

I have pretty much exactly that team (Leon, nun healer, R-9999) and I get slaughtered in the xmas dungeon anyway and it's entirely unclear why. Nothing takes damage and my guys just all die.

Pretty much running the same layout. They have shields up constantly.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I need 75k more gold to upgrade my Gipa to 6 stars, where do I start farming :v:

Edit: How much honour to get to 6 stars?

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 23, 2014

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Oh gently caress you game, got another Archon in a row from promoting a 3* wizard.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Coldbird posted:

I was having the same problem until someone in line chat told me how to do it. I cleared the first level 2 times (but now I keep dying :shrug:) using 4* Leon a 2* sniper girl and a 2* mage guy.

You can only damage them with the opposite sex. The damage you do is a set amount so you want units that have multi hit block attacks. If you attack with the same sex they get a a huge buff and will murder you quickly.

I start by spamming single block attacks with my sniper until the snowman dies. Then I spam attacks with my mage (and Leon if he's still alive) to finish off the girl.

If you just rush in like you normally would you will get destroyed.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 23, 2014

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
A mechanics question if anyone knows. For weapons does attack speed only increase just the random autos or does it speed up usage of block skills as well? I've tried to do some testing on the dummy but I can't really tell.

Also, I'm sitting on 5k Honor from doing Colosseum whenever it's up but I'm so gold starved I can't feed my guys bread to promote them.

Finally Hit Gold - each win gives 21 honour and 2 food

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 24, 2014

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
Will promoting one of the Christmas units morph them to a random 4 star? I don't want to evolve AKA Santa without knowing this.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
Yes, that's what I've heard. I haven't tried it yet but I've not gotten one to drop even after like 20+ runs of Holiday Dream.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I have snowman and the green elf and they are both really good.

Elf gets a free attack when someone 3 blocks. Snowman can do a 3 block for 1 after anyone else 3 blocks.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

mcpringles posted:

I have snowman and the green elf and they are both really good.

Elf gets a free attack when someone 3 blocks. Snowman can do a 3 block for 1 after anyone else 3 blocks.

Are they all worth farming? I finally found a good combo that just melts them and am debating farming them up.

Also I managed to pull a 4* Alice and she hits like a truck. Her 3Block sents a knight with a lance out and it hurts so much.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011
Yes the Christmas units do become a random 4 star if you promote them. But you can get dupes and since they're 3 stars to begin with they're pretty good if you're trying to get a specific 4 star.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

m.hache posted:

Are they all worth farming? I finally found a good combo that just melts them and am debating farming them up.

Also I managed to pull a 4* Alice and she hits like a truck. Her 3Block sents a knight with a lance out and it hurts so much.

Yes I would. They are all really good so far. I went from winning 1-2 rounds per arena ticket to winning all 10. I'm cleaning up with a team of snowman, 4* Leon and green elf.

They're more like 4 or 5* units.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 24, 2014

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

mcpringles posted:

Yes I would. They are all really good so far. I went from winning 1-2 rounds per arena ticket to winning all 10. I'm cleaning up with a team of snowman, 4* Leon and green elf.

The paladin and gunner are pretty underwhelming compared to the others

Mura
Feb 3, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

The paladin and gunner are pretty underwhelming compared to the others

I've found the Paladin has been working against me more than anything. His 3 block launches everyone into the air, and it activates whenever anyone else 3 blocks, so he's actively knocking the enemies over the christmas archer's stunning candy canes all the time.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Mura posted:

I've found the Paladin has been working against me more than anything. His 3 block launches everyone into the air, and it activates whenever anyone else 3 blocks, so he's actively knocking the enemies over the christmas archer's stunning candy canes all the time.

Yeah, and he doesn't really seem to do that much damage either, and while the gunner's passive is pretty cool, her actual attack takes way too long to land and doesn't hit things that are off screen

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Ive been running the snowman and bear paladin thing. The paladin hits his passive off from the snowman hitting his passive. So anyones 3 block activates the paladins passive and the snowman gets a free 3 block attack from a single block which in return activates the paladins passive again. Its ridiculous

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I can't beat the Christmas boss at all :gonk: Probably because my team lacks a priest; I've been running a paladin with a heal skill and using the healing-y goddess but I get destroyed before I can even dent anyone. I can't be too terrible at this game, though; I think I'm just running a crap team.

I just started playing this a few days ago and I'm already addicted; I got Sasquatch out of a really early pull and he's been carrying my lame rear end through most stuff. I'm really honor-starved now, though, and could use some friends. Name's Sawful if anyone wants to add me.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I started playing this too. It's pretty fun! In as doomfunk . Adding everyone in the thread!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

In as

Snowsa

I am still terrible and can't even dent the Christmas dudes. But hit me up!

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
I've figured out the secret weapon for these Christmas guys. For your girl, use the Hired Thug or whatever the one with the red hair and white mask is called. Her block attack is a barrage of machine gun bullets and since it's fixed damage, you can take the female-only guy out easily. For the stages where the male only one takes the frontline or blends together with the other, just autoattack until whichever one that's blocking you up dies. They won't get the massive attack buff if you don't use the wrong character's block attack, just the invincibility.

That said, Santa and AKA Santa are both awesome units. I want at least one of every single one of these guys. Wish the drop rates on Dream were higher.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Well I just beat the normal story and ulocked hard mode, All i can say that take back everything I said about Archon.

Archon(set as leader) with his Meteor Block attack + Mana Recycle + Energy of the Goddess= Meteors loving everywhere :getin:

It strange that Archon ended up being one of my highest DPSers mostly because the meteor shower skill overall is one of the better block skills I ever used so far. He honestly melted every thing in the second half of the volcano area because of the set-up I was using that allowed him to constantly use the 3-Block Meteor Shower. Now I'm kinda grinding to cap him and Yeowoodong I can hopefully use them for the next Ancient Dungeon which I'm assuming would be Paladin/Archer.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Majinfefnir13 posted:

Well I just beat the normal story and ulocked hard mode, All i can say that take back everything I said about Archon.

Archon(set as leader) with his Meteor Block attack + Mana Recycle + Energy of the Goddess= Meteors loving everywhere :getin:

It strange that Archon ended up being one of my highest DPSers mostly because the meteor shower skill overall is one of the better block skills I ever used so far. He honestly melted every thing in the second half of the volcano area because of the set-up I was using that allowed him to constantly use the 3-Block Meteor Shower. Now I'm kinda grinding to cap him and Yeowoodong I can hopefully use them for the next Ancient Dungeon which I'm assuming would be Paladin/Archer.

Sad thing is I believe Santa is a better wizard at 3*.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Anyone have a guess on what the drop rate is on the Ancient dungeon 20f? I've run it around 10 times now and I haven't gotten a single thing to drop there. Driving me insane.

GlenQuagmire
Jan 1, 2005

Pizza Time!

Wassbix posted:

Anyone have a guess on what the drop rate is on the Ancient dungeon 20f? I've run it around 10 times now and I haven't gotten a single thing to drop there. Driving me insane.

It's goddamn awful is what it is. I've got no luck with getting a d'artagnan either.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Reached Master Class League finally. In Upper Tier 12% so if I keep my position I'll get 30 gems tommorow :madmax:

Everyone I fight either has 5-6 star teams or is running the Christmas trio with 5* weapons. Been running a damage spiky team to just eat up all the christmas team for free wins :getin:

Doesn't hurt that rewards are 25 honour and 3 food per win either.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
On Line chat as BellSA.

This game is as much fun as I've had with any sort of those sidescrolling beat'em ups for a long time.

Joan, Archon and Himiko are my 4* trio

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Every other time this game updates, it refuses to load. Ugh.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Out of curiosity, does anybody know how to trigger the Korin epic questline?

edit: also learned why Archon was so good then I first thought when I got him. Apparently he got a buff around Dec. 23 that when using 3 chain block, applies a Defense and Armor penetration buff equal to 30% of Archon's Attack Power. If the buff already exists upon allies, Archon will summon 2 electrical orbs that will shock the enemies per hit. I originally thought the electrical orbs were part of Mana recycle's effect, that very ability is what carried my team all the through normal mode and half way through hard mode.

Majinfefnir13 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 27, 2014

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
In as jackchao. Time to throw ninja stars.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
I love spending 20 meat over and over to fight the world boss and crashing every time. One of these days I'll actually take a shot at it.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

tophet posted:

I love spending 20 meat over and over to fight the world boss and crashing every time. One of these days I'll actually take a shot at it.

I had a goofy bug where after the boss dies my crew just keep on walking for 10 minutes and eventually the map runs out and they just keep trucking on a solid black screen. Then it crashed. Still got my rewards though so thank god.

Is there anywhere besides Line where we can just setup running world bosses together? Queuing for the Medium difficult and getting the same guy with a party of 1* team is sorta annoying.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I know world bosses are unlocked after desert, but when should we *start* trying to do them?
I have a 5* healer and some 4* characters. Do I focus on promoting 3* to unlock other new classes to upgrade and unlock new skills?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Bell_ posted:

I know world bosses are unlocked after desert, but when should we *start* trying to do them?
I have a 5* healer and some 4* characters. Do I focus on promoting 3* to unlock other new classes to upgrade and unlock new skills?

I've noticed that most people will instantly drop if they see that you're not running full 5*, but I can't tell you more than that

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Bell_ posted:

I'm using 2 6* damage and a 5* healer and I can solo the easy mode. I've seen people do decently okay running a Christmas trio team on easy mode (long as they use the goddess properly and not get one shot).

I would recommend you focus on getting your core up to 6* asap so you can clean more content.

Anyone getting a bug with Colosseum reward page? Sometimes it will say I will receive 40 gems for being under top 10% and sometimes it will say I will only receive 15 gems for being in top 80%. I guess I will know for sure which one is correct tomorrow, but its a pretty confusing bug.

Also, I finally got something to drop in the Ancient dungeon and it was Leon..... I hate this dungeon so much right now.

:negative:

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 28, 2014

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Bell_ posted:

Ive been able to consistently do the first stage of world boss with 5* leon and 5* healer with 4* archer.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

How did you all get 5 stars all ready? I have 1 4, and 2 3 stars that I can't afford to upgrade. I need tons more honor.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Ok, I've hit a wall in the forest hard mode where I just can't do enough damage to the bosses to kill them faster than they heal. I'm using level 5 Leon, hanzo and mew. I feel like I should be doing better, am I missing something.

Edit: still stuck, tried bringing someone's maxed level 6 Leon instead of mine and at best if I try and align all the stars and can get them down to about half health before the heal back to full. Is this a crazy difficulty spike for anyone else?

tophet fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

How did you all get 5 stars all ready? I have 1 4, and 2 3 stars that I can't afford to upgrade. I need tons more honor.

Try to get the Christmas units and use them to roll through the PvP to get a bunch of honor. Even with that I only have one 5 star and one 4 star though.

• Locked thread