Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

Motto
I'm unemployed and gaming is my life.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

another fun thing to do in SA MP was drive-bys. if you shot out of the driver seat of a car, the game gave you a shitload of bonus damage and auto-aim (to make drive-by shooting cars and stuff easier for certain missions), obv something that wasn't balanced with other players in mind.

so if you drove around completely shredding people apart and blowing up cars with that they would get SUPER pissed and call you a cheater etc. good times

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

another fun thing to do in SA MP was drive-bys. if you shot out of the driver seat of a car, the game gave you a shitload of bonus damage and auto-aim (to make drive-by shooting cars and stuff easier for certain missions), obv something that wasn't balanced with other players in mind.

so if you drove around completely shredding people apart and blowing up cars with that they would get SUPER pissed and call you a cheater etc. good times
This one works in real life, also.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
In real life, guns are 'OP.'

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
At least most people can work hard and get guns eventually. The government are total Pay2Wins with their jetbombers and attack drones.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

In real life, guns are 'OP.'
Thanks, this joke is like salt, it enhances the flavor of the existing joke and brings it out.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thanks, this joke is like salt, it enhances the flavor of the existing joke and brings it out.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

:tipshat:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kylra posted:

At least most people can work hard and get guns eventually. The government are total Pay2Wins with their jetbombers and attack drones.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

Motto
I'm unemployed and gaming is my life.
...................__
BROFIST ...........

...................__
BROFIST ...........

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dumb glitch I noticed: they haven't removed Patriot smoke from the iFruit app so you can use it to add multicolored tire smoke even if you missed out on the independence day update. For people who care about that sort of thing. Apparently by hacking the iFruit app itself you can actually make any color smoke you want by altering the hex values for each part if you have a jailbroken/rooted phone.

Also played a bit on a friend's PS4 with the enhanced version and it's way better framerate wise.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

...................__
BROFIST ...........

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Oh hey a goon crew and GTA5 thread that probably won't be terrible like the rest

Prob gonna pre-order this even if it's a bad port. GTA5 GOTY three years running, gently caress rockstar

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I'm convinced Widestancer can lead goons in games better than most other goons.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

I'm convinced Widestancer can lead goons in games better than most other goons.

Actually, untill I promote her, she is at the lowest level of the crew heirarchy.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

it has the cool first person mode and stuff right

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Actually, untill I promote her, she is at the lowest level of the crew heirarchy.

I'm okay with this and look forward to Corn Gangg shenanigans. I've already changed my license plates to read "IMP ZONE" using the little app thing.

Rockstar has released more information on heists online; we'll need a planner whose apartment or whatever we'll end up using for whatever heist. I'm loving stoked and can't wait for the unintentional hilarity as we inevitably blow a heist like we have done in Payday 2 so many times.

We've also had some really good Payday 2 runs with Imps and while they're different games I feel like a lot of the same stuff might apply just without Bain being a retard.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fandyien posted:

it has the cool first person mode and stuff right

Yeah it does. There are also several other undocumented changes mostly dealing with a much more complex world geometry and fixing several glitches. I tried getting into Blue Hell using a few tried and true places and could not in the PS4 version, for example. And there are in my limited experience more explorable areas and stuff that spawns around each area.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I'm okay with this and look forward to Corn Gangg shenanigans. I've already changed my license plates to read "IMP ZONE" using the little app thing.

Rockstar has released more information on heists online; we'll need a planner whose apartment or whatever we'll end up using for whatever heist. I'm loving stoked and can't wait for the unintentional hilarity as we inevitably blow a heist like we have done in Payday 2 so many times.

We've also had some really good Payday 2 runs with Imps and while they're different games I feel like a lot of the same stuff might apply just without Bain being a retard.

Do apartments transfer over? If so one of my chars is loaded. otherwise someone else can do it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Do apartments transfer over? If so one of my chars is loaded. otherwise someone else can do it.

Characters do transfer over. In fact they recently made it so that if someone transferred a character to ps4/Xbox One and really wants to transfer again to PC they can do that too. You also get your pre-order bonuses or Atomic Blimp transferred over for single player if you have those.

They've significantly increased the amount of money you get from all the base online missions too; back when I played online with friends it was that one tunnel mission or the jet hijacking over and over again and it looks like they've fixed that.

There will also be roles for getaway, hacking and other stuff. One of the things Rockstar mentioned a couple of days ago was that supposedly they've figured out a way to make it so that the getaway driver isn't just sitting there doing nothing while the rest of the crew robs things. Maybe they do hacking or hold people off or something?

On a side note remember when Watch Dogs billed itself as what everyone would be playing once it came out since GTAV was "just something to do until Watch Dogs came out"?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

You also get bonuses for transferring an existing character; the only one I've seen personally was a Sprunk branded Buffalo that my buddy was driving around in his game but I'm sure there are others. I can't be bothered to check the wiki or whatever since I don't want to spoil the magic of finding Bigfoot in this game or whatever.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

If you picked your character "action" as the jacking off motion you could just hold down the button and your character would just keep jacking off and never stop so if you got invited into someone's house you could just airjack all day in between using their shower and a mic to stream "Danger Zone".

this sounds insanely and brutally wacky, as well as being quite random.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

this sounds insanely and brutally wacky, as well as being quite random.

Lol.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
word on the street is u can do 60 fps on pc so thats sweet

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

koolkal posted:

word on the street is u can do 60 fps on pc so thats sweet

Sweet, but unnecessary, as the human eye cannot detect framerates over 30fps.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
sounds like u need to overclock urs

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
first person gta is going to be like arma but you can curbstomp cats

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
First person GTA seems like it'll be fun for 10 minutes, then you realize you're at a disadvantage because you can't see around walls, then never use first person mode ever again.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Yeah it does. There are also several other undocumented changes mostly dealing with a much more complex world geometry and fixing several glitches. I tried getting into Blue Hell using a few tried and true places and could not in the PS4 version, for example. And there are in my limited experience more explorable areas and stuff that spawns around each area.

awesome, i saw some videos of that and thought it looked extremely cool. i never played gta IV pc really because the driving more or less required a controller, i wonder if it'll be the same thing with 5? I should probably just invest in a gamepad eventually

have they said anything about the system requirements for this poo poo yet? i just ordered a new computer and i'm rly hoping i'll be able to run GTA V on hella high setting

Frank Horrigan posted:

First person GTA seems like it'll be fun for 10 minutes, then you realize you're at a disadvantage because you can't see around walls, then never use first person mode ever again.

i feel like first person mode will be more of a fun supplement for replayability after you beat it the first time around

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Frank Horrigan posted:

first person and third person players are segregated

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Couldn't resist and popped this back in my PS3.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

Not by default but you can set it that way if you'd like.

It's pretty hilarious to do a dirt bike race on a scraggly mountainside locked to first person.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Pirate Jet posted:

Not by default but you can set it that way if you'd like.

It's pretty hilarious to do a dirt bike race on a scraggly mountainside locked to first person.

Cool, I've wanted another mx vs ATV game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

wait what? you cant just switch perspectives

jedi knight did this in the loving 90s

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

P.sure you can swap all willy nilly in singleplayer, and it even has Jedi Knight-like options for auto switching based on context. Segregating in online makes sense, they did so for the different types of aiming on last gen

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Again: by default you can switch between third and first person as much as you want in GTA Online, but when you create a mission, you can enforce a certain camera perspective on players.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im styll hype

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Frank Horrigan posted:

Watching some fps footage, it seems so much more gruesome and personal, it looks like a different experience, specially if you go hatred

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sweet, but unnecessary, as the human eye cannot detect framerates over 30fps.

lmao if u believe this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Skeleton King posted:

lmao if u believe this

• Locked thread