Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
Someone post some non retarded proof for the devs being neonazis.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
Fallout 3 was loving terrible and Little Lamplight might have been the worst thing about it.

gently caress you Bethesda.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Khorne posted:

How would it be controversial in 2004 when GTA3 came out in like 2001 and had mass murder & raping hookers.

which one was the rape button

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Ddraig posted:

Here's the big difference between this game and any other game that features violence:

This game was made by neo-nazis, or at the very least neo-nazi sympathizers.

You may be able to kill hookers and russians in other games but the big difference is when you do so you're not directly funding nazis. I'm sure there's a big audience out for this game, and they have all rights to sell it, I just don't really think Steam should be funding nazis.

Proof that they are nazis and general information about polish neo nazis would be nice.

Thanks.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Ddraig posted:

Debunked by who? The developers?

Yes, I'm sure the people who have links to fascist organizations sure are a trustworthy bunch.

Proof.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Exmond posted:

From what I recall one of the developers liked a news website that was ran by neo-nazis. He later unliked the page and said "I was viewing that news website for news on Area XYZ" .

Insert snarky comment about how facebook likes are hitler

whoa, thats like the first step man, soon they will occupy the sudetenland and start a genocide imho

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Ddraig posted:

The CEO of Deconstructive Criticism said he did like the Polish Defence League's page, but he was only doing to get news stories. This, I'm sure, is perfectly harmless - much like following the BNP's mailing list for their excellent baking recipes, or following the Aryan Nation on Facebook for their excellent coverage of baseball matches.

They may be a known hate-organization that goes on anti-semitic rallies, often with the 'roman salute' in full glory, but they also happen to be very keen journalists with bleeding edge coverage of the most important world issues.

I mean, the mainstream media wouldn't DREAM of posting incisive commentary like this:

Mainly because it's loving mental and racist

So your proof is a facebook like? Ok.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
These people have ties to the polish neo nazi scene, clearly demonstrated by this facebook like.

Wake up, god drat it.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

It's more than just the CEO.

-Gameplay designer Jakub Stychno is a supporter of the fascistic Obóz Narodowo Radykalny, as well as the homophobic, nationalistic Młodzież Wszechpolska.

-FX artist Marcin Kaźmierczak is also a supporter of Młodzież Wszechpolska, and of several anti-social justice, anti-gay Facebook pages. (Including a right-wing boycott of a Polish boxer who supports gay rights.)

-Level designer and lighting artist Cyprian Listowski has another job as a tattoo designer; two of his original designs include symbolism commonly associated with right-wing groups. One depicts a sonnenrad, a sunwheel symbol popular among Neo-Nazis. The other incorporates a słoneczko (an Early Slavic variation on the swastika appropriated by nationalists) and an “othala rune”, framed within a larger “life rune”.

If it was just the CEO it could be an easy mistake, but all 4 guys have some (at least online) association with hate groups. I'm not going to stretch that to claim they're Neo Nazis, but they're definitely fans of groups I wouldn't want to support in any way.

See Ddraig, this is a good post.

Thanks.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

When a game gets hyped and gets a lot of attention positive or negative and then it sucks gargantuan ballsack it's bad for gaming in general so gently caress these guys making and hyping it.

Shouldn't you blame the people giving them the attention?

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

This game looks to be pretty lovely and in poor taste, but then again so is mean-spirited junk like The Darkness or whatever.

I barely remember anything about The Darkness 2 but the first one was a good game.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Leinadi posted:

This game is just coming out at the "right time". It's getting tons of attention because it's going against a lot of what is "politically correct" right now. There are tons of games where you can murder innocent civilians, GTA is the biggest one of them I suppose. But I guess Niko's personal motivations makes it OK to murder half the city.

I think most people who own GTA have done the "I'm gonna murder as many people as I can and see how long I'll survive against the police" thing. But that's alright becaaaaauuuuse....?

It gives you the freedom to do it, but it's not the goal of the game?

Something like that.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

This lovely-looking murder sim must be defended, for the sake of freedom.

no, instead we should be outraged and demand it to be banned, that never backfires

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

lmao

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Ddraig posted:

Why don't you stop fighting that straw man and address the real argument: This game is made by far-right extremists. Whether or not they're strictly defined as neo-nazis is a semantic debate, but I don't really think Steam should provide financial support to people who make their extremist views known.

It could be a touching game about the futility of memory, but it's providing support to people who have demonstrably harmful and destructive views. There's a few record stores in my city and they absolutely refuse to stock Skrewdriver records. Skrewdriver's music hasn't been 'censored' or banished to Room 101, it's still freely available elsewhere, just not in that particular business.

The Hatred developers can feel free to send their game to wherever they think it will be sold, and if those people decide to sell it, that's up to them, I just don't think that most reputable companies should touch a fascist's vanity project with a 10ft bargepole, and I really do truly think less of Steam and Gabe as a result of this.

Maybe you should boycott steam and encourage others to do the same. Vote with your wallet!

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Ddraig posted:

That's sort of nitpicking Widesauron. By the people I clearly meant the people who sell stuff.

Valve has the right to dictate what they want on their store which is completely acceptable. Blood and Honor clearly have the right to not sell spoken word versions of the Communist Manifesto, and it's not suppression of free speech or censorship. Valve can choose to stock Fascist vanity projects if they wish I just think it's a bad idea.

Stop giving money to Valve.

They are providing aid and comfort to the enemy.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

d0s posted:

all the true believers from the gg thread are in here defending the honor of the nazi far right extremist game. shocking, imo

:ironicat:

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

After helping to dismantle the old gamergate thread

lol

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hatred honestly looks like it plays more like OG fallout than Skyrim.

how dare you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5b7Mj9QBQ

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

I mean geez the intro to fallout 1 is the teenaged angst ridden "look how Americana has fallen" type of thing.

ehhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dquq8DABdw8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

The Snark posted:

You know what other hyperviolent game came from Polish folks?

Bulletstorm.

Has anyone looked into the facebook like history of People Can Fly?

dislikes: gay muslim jews, not being a filthy drunk

• Locked thread