Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I said come in! posted:

This is basically just the first Postal game with better graphics.

Postal wasn't even that good, Postal 2 was the only one that had some redeeming features.

this game is real quaint though.

DrManiac posted:

I never played the postal games but I was always under the impression that they didn't take themselves seriously.

Postal 1 was serious and then postal 2 had the devs saying "wow postal 1 was pretty dumb"

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Hotline Miami is half acid trip. From music to presentation, it has a style to it.

Hatred's style is

And is mostly about being the edgiest kid at middle school possible.

hotline miami 1 is what Hatred is raging against because hotline miami makes artistic statements lol

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

Personally, speaking as a non-psychopath who has a pretty positive outlook on life in general, I think a 12 hour "No Russian" level seems like some pretty good stress relief myself.

i don't think you're allowed to do that

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

So mowing down hundreds of random video game people is some horrific catastrophe but mowing down hundreds of video game people who happen to have a video game boss that does things the video game protagonist doesn't like is a-ok?

I'm failing to see where "the best" place to draw the line is as for when it's ok to point a cursor at a particularly person-looking collection of polygons and textures and left-clicking, and when it's not ok to do that.

The executions are portrayed like cumshots which probably means the line is a little ways back

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

CrashCat posted:

I remember when that happened with Dragon's Crown. That's when I realized I am a horrible sexist monster who deserves to die. :shrug:

this but all goons

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The Snark posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/video-game-article/prototype-dick-mercer/

Look at this rear end in a top hat, to make this article he probably had to kill countless imaginary civilians in a video game for NO REASON than because he found it FUNNY!

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAS HE KILLED IN REAL LIFE?!

Pretending that you arent arguing in bad faith for a sec, context matters.

ChazTurbo posted:

'I want games to tackle mature subject matter and be taken seriously but I'll be damned if they do anything that makes me feel uncomfortable." - Goons.

this game claims it is specifically :airquote:rebelling against tackling mature subject matter :airquote:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Thompsons posted:

Hotline Miami 2
Get hype for good games imo

The Snark posted:

You could probably evoke the same emotional response in the outrage-addict with sound effects. Modify those games with weeping, crying, pained screams of the dying, watch people lose all objectivity and flip out.

Bein serious for a second for a moment, well duh.

gamers ruin game's!!!

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jan 2, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

Why don't retailers, especially digital ones sell AO games? That's weird/stupid. Also move theaters these days have 20+ screens, why does an NC-17 rating matter? Who is telling these theaters not to show these movies?

There isn't really a host of must play AO games. manhunt 2 wasn't even as good as manhunt 1 and what else is there, rapelay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

NeoSeeker posted:

Is there any downlow talk from the devs when this game is coming out/progress?

Also is a 760 GTX comparable to a 680 GTX?

People have said "it's out now" like 4 different times at various points so who knows maybe it is.

• Locked thread