Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I like how my enjoyment of a game should be decided by whether my beliefs line up with the makers.

I hope that the next game I buy on steam has a questionnaire to decide what i'm allowed to play for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Apple2o posted:

Sometimes I just want the hordes of things i'm murdering to be unarmed women and children, what's wrong with that? I already pre-ordered this masterpiece, as well as purchased the season pass. If you would all stop bickering and start ordering you too could be in the running for a limited edition trench coat.

If the trenchcoat came with pockets as big as the PC's coat seems to have, i'm down.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I'm mildly irritated that yet another lovely game is trying to coast off of edgy marketing on early access, thus discrediting a tool that could be used by decent developers if it didn't have the stigma attached to it from lovely games like this and The War Z and countless other examples.

I dunno about upset though.

Reading the steam forums, people are legitimately upset about video games.

On the plus side, that lets you laugh at people who are legitimately upset over video games.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ChazTurbo posted:

Nah dawg. Doing something in a video game obviously means you want to do it in real life. *Calls drone strikes down on random civies in Saints Row and cups up a million people in Dynasty Warriors*

Truly the sex offender of our time.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Powercrazy posted:

The butthurt is real.

You don't understand man, its incredibly important that they spend money accusing you supporting Nazi's! If they didn't spend money on it, how would anyone know that they were right and that you are in fact, a Nazi supporter.

:gas:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Powercrazy posted:

Good News everyone. The game was Greenlit on Steam. That means it'll be purchasable in a few months. Can't Wait!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=356532461

"Won't someone think of the children".

The rage when this comes out regardless of how good/bad it is deserves some cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Dapper Dan posted:

i always assumed they were just another poo poo gaming website (they did hire ben kuchera after all). i never really read polygon before, so that Tropico 5 article came as a hilarious surprise. Attached with a pretty whiny, pathetic writer. i don't really give a poo poo about them or what they do. i just occasionally read their articles because they are almost universally awful and hilarious at the same time. i mean, holy poo poo they named a micro-transaction game about kim loving kardashian the most progressive game of the summer. that's comedy gold right there.

Are we talking about the Tropico 5 article where the guy has problems with the game because you can send anyone you like to prison? I still wonder who the gently caress can't handle pixel men being put in a prison. Not even killed, just put into prison.

• Locked thread