Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Fat Lowtax posted:

Good luck, Jaroslaw.

jaroslawdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Erata posted:

Hatred is leading the charge against all the people in the mainstream who are opposed to violent video games. :smuggo:

This unironically.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

xutech posted:

At least with the original Postal it had some sort of sense of humour.

This is just some angry kid's weird revenge fantasy.

Mac: But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun!
Thorny: [referring to Farva] Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic.
Foster: [after a pause] Which... makes them not really shenanigans at all.
Mac: [in a silly voice] Evil shenanigans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8

I think Hatred has an excellent sense of humor.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Censorship is really cool and good. Glad to see young people demanding more of it.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

CrashCat posted:

If you bring the semantic argument over what the word "censorship" is into this thread I will go Hatred on your rear end

Why do you defend censorship?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Hitler did nothing wrong.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

closeted republican posted:

I'm just glad we have so many anti-fascist fighters here. If it wasn't for brave warriors like icantfindaname and Ddraig, the fascists would be rolling in and taking over gaming before you could say "white knight".

Maybe they should team up with the "Anti-Kitten Burning Coalition" and "Citizens Against Murder" so they can make an unstoppable anti-evil coalition and defeat all of the evils in the world.

They are truly the saints of our time.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

CrashCat posted:

Maybe they could just cut it down to the first part of the video. Turn it into Trenchcoat Packing Simulator 2015; you have to efficiently pack your dude's coat and then you watch him go out on a murder spree by himself. If you packed it badly he fucks up pulling out a weapon and gets shot or has an accident. That would at least be unique.

It looks pretty unique as it is. The market isn't saturated with top down isometric shooters.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

how dumb do you have to be to be a polish nazi

polish

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

King Vidiot posted:

"Yeah I mean if you think about it, "Polish" is one of the few words that completely changes pronunciation and meaning if you don't capitalize it."

--Grammar Nazi

I can't hear you comment over the sound of all this wooshing.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

The Snark posted:

You know what other hyperviolent game came from Polish folks?

Bulletstorm.

Has anyone looked into the facebook like history of People Can Fly?

Also The Witcher, This War of Mine, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Soldat and Painkiller.

All Nazis. Every last one of 'em.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Bob NewSCART posted:

Shooting people is innovative man, let me show you by letting you play as a psychopathic murderer

Censorship is way past cool.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

killaer posted:

The thing is, I was looking at videos of the game and other than the fact that it's a mass-murder simulator the animations seem to be really well done. Just seems like a smooth running game.

Which is unfortunate that they made it about mass-shootings at a time where you really shouldn't be making mass-shooting simulators??? Idk just seems like people are extra paranoid about this poo poo nowadays.

I get that these guys are trying to make social commentary, but the way they went about doing it is just..dumb. it sucks, because they seem like talented developers. Why couldn't they just make it a fuckin alien shooting simulator or something.

Because then it wouldn't get so much controversy press and nobody would buy it I guess. No publicity is bad publicity...

I really don't think it's supposed to be social commentary about anything.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Mein Kampf was social commentary, it's just that the comments it was making were hosed up and wrong.

Wow, that's a really good point.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

It looks really satisfying to play and fun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Palpek posted:

The question is whether there's any challenge. If it's only about killing civillians then it's going to get boring real fast. Or maybe it's some kind of kill-people-and-destroy-property-to-get-6-stars-in-gta-so-the-army-comes: the game.

The second one because it showed a military humvee and some other military stuff in the second trailer. Also it looks like there's some kind of linear progression, that it's not entirely sandbox.

• Locked thread