Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dev site:
http://www.destructivecreations.pl/

Gameplay Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV3PhvCf_Jg

What is it?
Probably another game meant to serve as clickbait by being really edgy or something. You kill people and wear a trenchcoat.

Should I buy it?
Probably not.

Is this on steam?
Yes, it's on early access.

Talk about this game and stuff here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

In a completely unrelated matter I think Nazi's are bad.

Controversial opinion but I think that might squeak by here.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

allow me to tell u how much i dont care about this game but will still buy it to spite social justice "warriors"

ok

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fat Lowtax posted:

I cucked a fascist. Lol

:wth:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Finally a game that caters to the untapped edgy misanthrope 13-year-old who hates colors demographic.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

quote:

Hatred is an isometric shooter with disturbing atmosphere of mass killing, where player takes the role of a cold blood antagonist, who is full of hatred for humanity. It's a horror, but here YOU are the villain. Wander the outskirts of New York State, seek for victims on seven free-roam levels. Fight against law enforcement and take a journey into the antagonist's hateful mind. Gather equipment of the dead ‘human shields’ to spread Armageddon upon society. Destroy everything on your way of hunt and fight back when it's disturbed...

...just don't try this at home and don't take it too seriously, it's just a game. :)

The question you may ask is: why do they do this? These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure. Herecomes our game, which takes no prisoners and makes no excuses. We say ‘yes, it is a game about killing people’ and the only reason of the antagonist doing that sick stuff is his deep-rooted hatred. Player has to ask himself what can push any human being to mass-murder. We provoke this question using new Unreal Engine 4, pushing its physics (or rather PhysX) systems to the limits and trying to make the visuals as good as possible. It's not a simple task, because of the game's non-linear structure and a lot of characters on the screen. But here at Destructive Creations, we are an experienced team and we know how to handle the challenge!

I think the smiley they use on their website description for the game is what sells this.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Heinrich Himmler's clone descendant has the weirdest boner right now somewhere in South America

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

am0kgonzo posted:

Someone post some non retarded proof for the devs being neonazis.

Thanks.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

i never got the inspiration for this one

N*GGER BOWSER will forever live in our hearts though

http://youtu.be/5X6p17i-_l0?t=15s

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I bet Jack Thompson is masturbating furiously reading about this game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Does Jack Thompson even do anything anymore since he lost his license to practice law in the United States? That's some blue balls big time right there.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This game looks like it sucks and will probably be played for like 5 minutes tops by most people who even pick it up before they go "gently caress it" and quit, consigning it to the 57584930378 other steam games they own and basically never play.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

anyone who buys this probably is a low IQ gamer who cant wait for modders to add in child killing and is super concerned about GAMES AS ART or ethics in games journalism or some dumb poo poo

To be fair putting dynamite on kids that ran all over the place and timing it to blow up other people in Fallout/Fallout 2 was pretty funny, as was being able to give Wright's kids a gun and tell them it's a toy and to wave it in front of their dad's face and pull the trigger to be able to pull off the assassination.

I wish we could still have stuff like that. That was pretty funny and clever.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Proposal:

Instead of outright banning children in video games being able to be injured like Australia and Germany or whoever do they should have a smoke filled room with silver haired men in business suits who pore over the game's script and code to determine if the manner in which the child is injured or killed contributes to a really funny situation.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

"Add in a squeaky noise when the kid's shoes hit the floor after he explodes next to the clown and we'll bring it up to a vote."

"Seconded"

*Harumphing ensues*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Situations when it's okay to beat up minorities in video games without them fighting back: when Barret is confused or asleep and you need to snap him out of it or if you're doing a low level run but at that point maybe you have a choice of who to knock out over and over again

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

NutritiousSnack posted:

Games is finally getting year old memes from GBS it seems. Tane and orbs will soon follow.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ddraig posted:

Here's the big difference between this game and any other game that features violence:

This game was made by neo-nazis, or at the very least neo-nazi sympathizers.

You may be able to kill hookers and russians in other games but the big difference is when you do so you're not directly funding nazis. I'm sure there's a big audience out for this game, and they have all rights to sell it, I just don't really think Steam should be funding nazis.

Nintendo shill detected

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

yeah ill stop buying all those video games made in china like

Several portions of games are being outsourced to Chinese companies now; FFX/FFX-2's remake had most of its graphics work outsourced to Virtuos based out of Shanghai, for example.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

RottenK posted:

Widestancer why did you made this thread its just going to be unironic arguments between tumblr and /pol/

Isn't Games bad enough already

:greencube:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ddraig posted:

The CEO of Deconstructive Criticism said he did like the Polish Defence League's page, but he was only doing to get news stories. This, I'm sure, is perfectly harmless - much like following the BNP's mailing list for their excellent baking recipes, or following the Aryan Nation on Facebook for their excellent coverage of baseball matches.

They may be a known hate-organization that goes on anti-semitic rallies, often with the 'roman salute' in full glory, but they also happen to be very keen journalists with bleeding edge coverage of the most important world issues.

I mean, the mainstream media wouldn't DREAM of posting incisive commentary like this:

Mainly because it's loving mental and racist

So do they hate muslims or jews or both I'm really confused here

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

One of them makes really good schwarmas but runs planes into buildings and kills 130 kids in a school according to DnD and the other one makes fun games like the Dreidel game but also blows up kids and stuff also according to DnD so this is really important to know which or both they hate?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I think it's a safe bet that this game is going to really suck no matter which brown people with funny hats they hate.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

yeah the only thing dumber than the Reddit War going on itt is the fact that people are going 'but what if it's good?'

like, hm, im sure these dudes making something edgy just so they can pretend it's deep social commentary/metatrolling are really committed to delivering a tight and enjoyable gameplay experience

Like if it was good mechanically and they just went balls out and said" yeah man you can murder the gently caress out of piles of people who can't fight back and we're gonna let you mod in whatever you want so if you want to enact whatever fucktarded death fantasy you want go for it" and enabled an open SDK with steam workshop support I could at least see it having a market beyond people who buy it and never play it or people who buy it to gift it as a joke ala Bad Rats.

But no. It's gonna suck really bad and probably won't even have an open SDK so that people can go blow up "group with X skin tone wearing Y hat with Z sexual preferences" which while lovely would at least give it some sort of staying power. Nope. It's a flash in the pan. A sad sad little pan.

It would also be kinda funny if they had an SDK and steam workshop so that we could see what kind of dumb poo poo people put up there but we're denied even that.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pay 1.29 to unlock a crate that MAY include:

Yamaka
Turban
Ridiculously Overgrown Eastern Orthodox Hat
That hot dog stand hat from Red Dwarf's holy war with the cats bit

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I can't stop laughing at the idea of radical muslims trolling polish nightclubs looking for some sweet sweet rear end.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Derka derka derka Sherpa Sherpa (Dude check out the bap on that)

Sherpa sherpa jihad (I know right)

Polish racist game dev: gently caress you guys *blapblapblapblapblap*

E: [insert polish joke about pointing gun wrong way I'm not from Europe but I hear polish jokes are/were a thing there so I aim to please]

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

most people are probably a little lovely, but most people are probably not neonazis

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The dude unliked the NAMBLA page so gently caress it, he's good.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

Göring unfollowed hitler on tumblr

Kim Jong Un pushes his uncle off his Top 8 his uncle is later found dead in a ditch in the DMZ

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Snark posted:

Tell you what, how about someone does an absurd amount of creepy internet detectivery on you until they find something you've liked said by someone who also said things elsewhere that you might not have liked. Now lets have those people announce to everyone they know how you are X. Keep in mind that now you are guilty of X, so anything you say in your defense is inadmissible because you're a filthy X'ist.

Well, it's funny that you bring that up because that's actually happened to me right here on this very site before (people trying to be internet detective) and I dealt with it and what those people found led to an ex of mine which made the whole thing even funnier. Also it led to a lot of people empty quoting "Jim Rustler" which was good and funny. I even made up and became internet friends with some of the people who tried to do the internet detective thing. Sometimes there's a silver lining.

I'm also not a game dev and I'm not trying to hype a lovely early access game by being dumb and edgy which to me is the really crummy part here that the game isn't even gonna be good it's gonna loving blow.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

When a game gets hyped and gets a lot of attention positive or negative and then it sucks gargantuan ballsack it's bad for gaming in general so gently caress these guys making and hyping it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

so what neo nazi facebook groups have you liked

and i mean, people could dig poo poo up on me all day and the worst they'd find is me maybe saying something dumb about gay people when i was like 15. i think thats kind of a rung below supporting neo nazis

My internet detective work has found out that *opens internet.xlsx* one time Endorph autobanned trying to make a Rules Thread in what is now Imp Zone.

loving owned :smug:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Why are you linking this

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

am0kgonzo posted:

Shouldn't you blame the people giving them the attention?

I'm gonna blame the people who made the lovely game when the game ends up being lovely. People are always going to give stupid poo poo attention.

Endorph posted:

yeah that was pretty hilarious

Whats funny is that it's happened since a couple of times I think in other forums; do they not like give you guys a training run or something?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

I literally just woke up one day and was IK, there was no PM or anything, iirc there wasn't even a mod sticky going 'here are your new IKs'

actually come to think of it I didn't have PMs at the time, i think one of the admins gave me PMs when they unbanned me, so basically i saved myself :homebrew: by getting autobanned

anyway, my thinking was that since i had mod powers i could use the mod thread tags without the system autobanning me. it was not good thinking

lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

When you buy hats you're actually helping narcoterrorists and the North Koreans launder money :wth:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I actually have a good friend who is a tattoo artist and one of the things he will not do (among other things) is barbed wire around a bicep because it is almost universally associated with dick bags. There is a small group of people who associate it with fencing in bovines but 99% of the time if you ever see it on someone it is because that person is a massive cornucopia of dicks.

Sure enough one of his designs is barbed wire around a bicep. :kiddo:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

one time i was taking a walk and a dude rode by on a motorcycle which had a confederate flag flying above the us flag on the back, and when i looked at him he raised his fist to me in white solidarity

They're really dedicated to a specific 4 year period of their heritage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol "good luck with your game"

• Locked thread