Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i am making a game called Loveable. you play a dude who gets on really well with everyone. all adult people, goes on really good dates and gets kisses and hugs. he also donates to charity, and fixes problems in the world with discussions.

i think we all need to cut back on negativity in this life and world and we could all stand to be friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i am outraged and shocked, by the budget i have for my library

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
one time i went to the game store and chose marble madness as my birthday present.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Powercrazy posted:

Video games aren't real, hth.

i am very real friend

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i hope obama is taking notes!!!!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mash posted:

stupid game, bad thread

man there is a common link between that avatar and the posts that spring forth from it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ddraig posted:

Why don't you stop fighting that straw man and address the real argument: This game is made by far-right extremists. Whether or not they're strictly defined as neo-nazis is a semantic debate, but I don't really think Steam should provide financial support to people who make their extremist views known.

It could be a touching game about the futility of memory, but it's providing support to people who have demonstrably harmful and destructive views. There's a few record stores in my city and they absolutely refuse to stock Skrewdriver records. Skrewdriver's music hasn't been 'censored' or banished to Room 101, it's still freely available elsewhere, just not in that particular business.

The Hatred developers can feel free to send their game to wherever they think it will be sold, and if those people decide to sell it, that's up to them, I just don't think that most reputable companies should touch a fascist's vanity project with a 10ft bargepole, and I really do truly think less of Steam and Gabe as a result of this.

uninstall steam.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ddraig have you uninstalled steam yet?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ddraig posted:

I'm on my phone at the moment and I don't think I ever called for a boycott on Steam or whatever so I guess I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove.

I guess you'd know for certain though since you clearly have a better idea of my stance than I do.

your very angry at steam for daring to sell a game. i would have thought with such strong feelings you would make them know by distancing yourself from the problem

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ahhh. I see now. It is just hollow bleating on a message board. OK. Carry on then

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
what the ubelieveable gently caress is all this?

i dont even know how you j

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the facts are this:

a) there is a game
b) even this is currently disputed

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ddraig posted:

Mjolnir, a known symbol coopted by white supremacists with a swastika in it? No, totally the request of a Hindu neo-pagan. I mean, it's not as if either of those symbols have any completely different meaning other than "I am a believer of both Hinduism and Asatru"

Maybe if they truly are both they could perhaps choose a different design? How about Thor and Ganesh, back to back, fending off the hordes at Ragnarok? A much better design, and one that isn't going to get you bundled in with Neo Nazis, assuming that isn't your goal.

are you sure you have a full house?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
there is some serious hyperbole going down in this thread. can we rein it back a little.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
giving someone lovely avatars/red text is definitely one of the most passive agressive things you can do on this site. why not just call them out in posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
this feels like an updated version of joust

• Locked thread