Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I liked it. Not as funny as This is the End, certainly nowhere near the great satires like The Great Dictator and Doctor Strangelove, but overall an entertaining movie. It's interesting that the North Koreans are evidently so unhappy with this movie, perhaps because of the chance that the tiny percentage of the population that speaks English and watches bootleg Western movies could get their hands on it. It reminds me of Sidney Reilly's plan to publicly de-pants Lenin and Trotsky, thinking that public ridicule would destroy the Bolsheviks. The Cheka concealed the very idea of this plot existing, because they thought it would be harmful to let the public remember how much the revolution depended on the charisma of the leaders. The Interview is a silly movie but it also has a clear message about Kim Jong-Un betraying his people, so it's basically a call to revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I loving love 21 Jump Street, 22 Jump Street, This is the End, and The Interview. I didn't think Pineapple Express was very funny.

• Locked thread