Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snodig
Oct 5, 2014
My plan is to make Summer Squash and Corn Chowder, but I'm cutting out the bacon because the girl is probably Muslim (I'm okay with that).

My plan for tomorrow:

- Wake up. Go for a quick run to get a nice 'day glow' going.
- I'm going to put on a lot of clothes and clean my apartment. Be really thorough. I want to sweat as much as possible so I don't have to sweat later on. Kinda pull it all out of my body.
- Make all the necessary preparations in the kitchen for the soup I'm making. Go over each step to minimize any risk of failure. I should be safe seeing as I've made a lot of soups.
- Go for another run to get out extra energy and carry on with the 'day glow'.
- Read a book to calm me down.
- Take a shower and prepare myself. I'm going to use a no-perfume lotion so she doesn't suspect that I use any.
- Position my things around the apartment so it looks good and inviting.

I might have to ask her to go to the toilet (or at least suggest it) before she comes over because my flush is kinda weak, and I don't really know about her habits in there.

Note: she was the one asking if I wanted to get together for dinner. It means I have the upper hand. I'm not going to show it, but I will act in a way that makes her relaxed thinking that I don't think I know that I got the upper hand.

I need help from goons with:

- Conversations. What should we talk about? I'm very good at controlling a conversation as long as I know what to talk about and which subjects to avoid.
- I don't want to turn on the TV. I realize this might get awkward, but I don't want to make it easy by watching a movie or tv-series. I want the night to be filled with food, conversation and silence (natural silence, not the awkward kind). How do I say that we're not going to watch anything on the TV?
- How do I make the transition from eating soup to start having a conversation (I'm not big for talk while eating).
- Ending the night. How do I ask her to leave without making the hinting obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

killaer posted:

If you make food for this girl you are guaranteed a good lay or (+++ good future husband points) which is great if this girl is one of 'em moose-lems.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING

IS THAT YOU DO NOT
gently caress UP
THE SQUASH AND CORN
CHOWDER

If you make a lackluster chowder do yourself a favor and suicide before she gets there.

Edit: dont be too nervous but be a little nervous cuz tahts good for you!!

Well, the reason I'm going with Summer Squash and Corn Chowder and not, let's say, French Onion Soup (which is more suited for this time of year) is because I want to surprise her. If I were a guest at a dinner and saw that they went with Onion Soup (wakka wakka onion is quite good tho, I'll give the soup that) I would immediately assume that they 1) did not have access to fresh ingredients, so they have to shop whatever the local grocery store has available at that time. 2) they assume that I assume that I want them to think that I want them to follow a calendar for choosing what food to eat, but I don't.

Also what about music? Should I put anything on? I've never seen a girl with headphones on.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

sexy young infidel posted:

wait why the gently caress is the date at your house

It's my comfort zone. I need to feel fresh, glowing, happy, neutral and ‘ready’ for social situations. I get fresh by taking a shower, the glow usually comes naturally when you feel good because you get that look in your eyes. Neutral because I don’t want to feel invested in any of the things we talk about. I want to be casual and cool. Happy or at least happy in the moment. I try to make everything bigger and better so I feel it’s worth my time (this is something I’m working on). Ready so I don’t just sit there and feel left out. When all those things come together I’m a person you want to be around, and I can't really be that person outside my apartment.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Ok so here's my train of thoughts when it comes to music (any feedback is appreciated): I don’t want to put on sinatra-esque music. If it’s supposed to just be on in the background, you shouldn’t get too into it. It would gently caress with my equilibrium if she would just sit there without really listening to what I have to say because she would rather listen to the tunes. In that scenario I would end up not saying anything and just stare at her, and at that point I know I'm in trouble.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

bring out a silver platter, place it in front of her and remove the cover to reveal a burning quran

Absolutely not.

I want her to think that I'm very open and accepting of her religion so she feels more relaxed around me. If anything "weird" about her faith comes up, I will assure her that I'm fine with it. She told me she was a muslim but I never asked what type.

Also I would never use "youtube" for my music playlist. It's too compressed and wouldn't sound good on my speakers.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
What I need help with:
- conversation topics
- transition phases during the date.
- how to ask her to leave after I feel we're done.

What I don't need help with:
- music playlists
- brazilian jiu-jitsu
- food suggestions (I'm going with soup. Deal with it)

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
I don't watch movies.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Well my point is that I watch films, not movies. I don't care for "blockbusters" like titanic.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
I'm going to use kiehl's rare earth pore cleansing masque and a origins mega-mushroom relief face cream before bed tonight. Just throwing that out there.

How long does a date usually last? I'm trying to plan my day beyond just the date.

killaer posted:

Can you give us more background on yourself and this girl OP?

Could you be more specific?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Thank you, Duane Walker. Here are my comments to some of your points:

"How you didn't put bacon in your clam chowder."
Actually, I thought about that. I was thinking "should I look for a substitute to bacon or just cancel it fully?" I cancelled it. The thing is, I don't know if they are allowed to eat substitute bacon.

"After the meal: Politely wait for her to clear the table and wash the dishes. I mean, that's only fair."
I was hoping this was something we could do together.

The Protagonist posted:

oh man

if you actually have to plan out conversations you're so, so hosed

No. If I don't plan anything I will be hosed. The whole reason you plan something is so you don't get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
I'm going grocery shopping soon and I'm genuinely excited because my shopping list is quite impressive.

By the way, I just thought of something: I will not put any snacks on the table. I want to see how she reacts to no servings beyond the meal I give her. I was also thinking of turning the music off to see if we can get any interesting conversation going. If it gets awkward of uncomfortable I'll break the ice with some laughter. Anyway, I'm going to update later/tomorrow with music playlist, food ingredients, temperature settings etc so you can get an idea of how things are at my end.

I'm still accepting suggestions in regards to conversation topics.

• Locked thread