Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This is why I never understood the furor over "pink slime". It tastes the same as regular ground beef and it's an efficient use of additional parts of the animal.
Yeah but it looks gross and makes it much harder to pretend my chicken nuggets come from some kind of idyllic fantasy Old MacDonald farm.

Also a machine did it so it must be bad and sinful and wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

People would interpret that as eating the entire animal at once, probably deep-fried, and think that it would let them safely lose weight if it is the only thing they eat.
If you have some kind of problem with the idea of deep frying a whole pig then you're not a true American.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

kalven posted:

And with best way i mean best way to combat climate change.
Pick any protein and use a clean power source like nuclear for the energy input.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Eventually the energy required to produce enough food for all of us is going to be more than can be expended.
We already produce more than enough food for the entire population of Earth and there's enough nuclear material lying around to keep that expenditure going until the sun goes out.

Energy really isn't the problem.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

whitey delenda est posted:

Yes in la la land where anybody anywhere wants nuclear power infrastructure constructed.
We could probably burn coal until the ice caps melt and drown us all. Nobody is running out of poo poo to turn into electricity any time soon.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Guy DeBorgore posted:

Low-intensity "primitive" farming techniques (which often make highly sophisticated use of the land and local plant and animal life) are better for the local environment, produce fewer GHG emissions, and don't give a huge cut of the profits to developed countries.
This isn't at all true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

NGS is getting cheaper every day. We just need a massive sequencing project for the Amazon. Then we can burn it to the ground.
Burn it and sequence the smoke. Much quicker than finding all those tiny frogs and poo poo.

• Locked thread