Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I commute by train and it's always telling me I'm parked at the World Train Center. I like to imagine I'm in the Simpson's episode where that happens to Homer's car.

Is that the episode where he drives off with the boot on his car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Good thing I'm still rocking 4.4.4 on my Nexus 4. :smug:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Is the LG G2 comparable to the nexus 4, or the nexus 5?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Someone may have let slip some more information on the LG G4

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I'm waiting for the LG G4 announcement on the 28th, then decide between that and the S6...or ride out with my N4 until the fall releases.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
For those in the markets for a phone, looks like LG is set to announce the LG G4 on Tuesday.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Lblitzer posted:

LG G4

Snapdragon 808
3gb ram
32gb + microsd storage
5.5" QHD display (LG claims the new display boasts 20% wider color reproduction, 25% improvement in brightness and 50% higher contrast than the G3.)
16mp (OIS, and apparently you can do 104mp panoramas)
3,000mah battery

Not a bad device but that leather sure looks ugly.

From what I can gather, there week be NO quick-charge or wireless charging.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

ruby idiot railed posted:

No way a Qualcomm chipset goes out without quick charge.

Anyway, gsmarena says both Qi and Quick Charge are in.

Here it's saying that it won't have either: http://m.androidcentral.com/lg-g4-hands-on

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

shyduck posted:

My Nexus 5's USB port seems to be loose and I have to make sure my cable is at a certain angle to get a charge. This is happening with the provided USB cable. Is there a way I can fix this without having to physically replace the USB module? I have no issue with doing that but I'd like to avoid it.

edit: I should clarify that it doesn't feel like any of the solder points are broken, more that it's just not snug enough or something.

I had this problem on my Nexus 4 and a new USB cable completely fixed my issue.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

nerve posted:

Lol if you own a scrub phone that doesn't have both Qi and turbo charging

It's unfortunate that the LG G4 will lack both.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
For those with the LG G4, how are you liking it? Saw one on display tonight at Best Buy, its tempting to move on from Nexus 4.

Also, Best Buy is giving a $100 gift card with the LG G4 and that can be combined with LG's promo for free SD card and extra battery, plus charging cradle. Hmmmmmm.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 13, 2015

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

lamentable dustman posted:

The power button on my Nexus 5 broke. It would to get jammed and restart the device over and over. So a bought a TMobile LG G4 yesterday.

It's a good phone.

Also, anyone ever use AMEX extended warrenty? I filed a claim on the Nexus 5 and wondering how long it will take.

Did you sign up to get your freebies from LG?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Inspector 34 posted:

So my Nexus 4 was updated to 5.1.1 a while back and I just recently decide to toss my sim card back in and see how it functions. 5.1.1 has basically revitalized a phone that made me regret ever upgrading to 5.0 initially. Battery life is back to normal or maybe better than ever, and the thing feels just as quick as it ever did. Granted, I don't use many processor/memory intensive apps, and it doesn't really want to download gifs from the SA app, but the thing is still amazing compared to the utter piece of poo poo that it became when 5.0 came about.

Hmm. I'm still rocking the Nexus 4 on 4.4, maybe its time to finally upgrade to 5.1.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
For those with the LG G4, how you liking it?

T-Mobile just dropped their LG G4 price to $479. Very tempting...

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

No wireless charging...ugh.

I'll probably wait until the Nexus is announced in the fall and then decide.

For sure no wireless charging on the new Moto X?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Any word if you'll be able to add wireless charging to the new Moto X, like you are able to do for the LG G4?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

bull3964 posted:

The back isn't removable, so no.

Well, that's a bummer.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
It looks like AnandTech finally has their LG G4 review up, for those interested.

And that $399 price point for the new Moto is amazing.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 30, 2015

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

FistEnergy posted:

http://m.androidcentral.com/first-five-things-know-about-new-moto-g

The Moto G is probably the right choice for 99% of Android users, and 90% of Goons. It has good build quality with no real shortcomings, runs great/clean software, and is dirt cheap. Unless someone specifically wants a phablet, it's probably a winning choice for a small price. And I paid full price for an HTC M7 and Sony Z3. The daily experience with the Moto G is no worse than any flagship but at a third the price. It's a great time for Android as a result.

Performance wise, would I notice any difference between the new Moto G and the Nexus 4 on 4.4? My N4 is coming up on three years old at this point, and I'm due for something new.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

TraderStav posted:

Z5/Z5c shots leaked. Looks like a fingerprint scanner on the right side of the phone, boning all left-handed phone users:

If you're not right-handed, you're wrong.
:smug:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
With the new Moto X Pure coming out, it looks like it has "Universal LTE". Does that mean I can use it on any carrier in the U.S. without issue? Surely, it can't be that easy.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
For those of us who are still clinging to to the Nexus 4, is there any reason NOT to upgrade to 5.1.1. these days? I'm still rocking 4.4.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Saw this on SlickDeals, refurbished and unlocked AT&T Samsung Note 4 for $369.99 from eBay which seems like a great price for a solid phone.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

RVProfootballer posted:

Or last year's flagship. Moto X 2014 for $200 like new on eBay owns!

Hmmm. Moto X 2014 for $200 or the new Moto G for $220?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Daily Forecast posted:

Still loving my Moto G, but one negative is that even with the textured back (doesn't loving help) it's, like, SUPER slippery. Almost dropped it a couple times.

Have you tried using grip tape?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Looks like the new Note 5 all be around $720. The $399 MotoX and $220 MotoG are looking much more appealing.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
For those with the Note 4, do you think its worth $399? Looks like I can pick up a refurbished Unlocked AT&T Note 4 on eBay for $399. Although I'll probably wait until the new Moto X is reviewed, since it's sitting at the same price point.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 15, 2015

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Looks like the new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ will only run you $800 when it's released.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Godinster posted:

I don't know who cares but I'm getting all day [9 AM to 11 PM or so] and 6-7 hours SOT on my Note 5 for the last week. I like this thing.

You notice any issues with the GPS? That seems to keep popping up when I've researched the Note 5.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

bronin posted:

Cardboard cutout time folks:

http://youtu.be/-kbhLIQV_pY

I have a specific pair of jean shorts I use for testing cardboard cutouts, to ensure fair and optimum testing conditions.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Wow, talk about a major price drop.

Looks like new unlocked LG G Flex2 (AT&T) is going for $249 on eBay.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Hughmoris posted:

Wow, talk about a major price drop.

Looks like new unlocked LG G Flex2 (AT&T) is going for $249 on eBay.

Does anyone here have the LG Flex 2? I'm wondering how the 5.1.1 changed things up. This seeeems like a solid phone for $249, at $30 more than the Moto G.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
For those looking at the LG G4, it looks like the international version can be had NEW on eBayfor $420.

Great deal but the downside (from what I understand) is that there isn't a warranty on the international versions.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Anyone here go from the Nexus 4 to the 2015 Moto G? I'm curious if there is any sort of difference in performance. I know the battery life is better on the G, not sure about the camera.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Haven't heard much marketing for the Moto X since it was announced. It's still coming out this week, right?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Looks like The Verge has their review of the Moto X Play up. For a phone that is supposedly unburdened by bloatware, their talk about stuttering and lag is a little concerning.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

TenaciousTomato posted:

Ill stretch my MAXX till 2016, fukkit

Depending how the new Nexus 5 looks, I might end up rolling with my Nexus 4 for another year. :hfive:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Any word when the new Moto X might start popping up on Amazon or at Best Buy?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Looks like Best Buy is price matching the $349 Nexus 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Anyone receive their Pure yet?