Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Hey, guys! I need some advice!

I broke my phone's screen about a month ago and heard from various trusted sources including the previous Android thread that the Moto X is pretty great, so I ordered one. That was on November 22. It is now December 21 and I still don't have a phone. I'll spare you the details of the worst customer service experience I've ever had, but suffice it to say I just got out of chat with one of their reps and it's sounding like they cancelled my order without telling me, again, and I am sitting here furious and I don't want a Motorola phone anymore.

Somebody at that company is getting a lengthy letter, if I can find out who to send it to.

Anyway. What's a good Android phone I can get that isn't manufactured by Motorola and won't tie me down to a service plan? The LG G3 looks nice, but is there a way to get it without a contract? Didn't see one on the website. :(

I'm not above taking my ancient N4 into town to get the screen fixed, but if there's a nice new phone I can get, I'd like to know my options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

You should get the Xperia Z3, or read the thread.

The thread so far is mostly about the ins and outs of Lollipop, so not much I can use so far. The Z3 link in the OP leads to a Page Not Found, which was partly why the LG grabbed my attention. I'll Google it though and see what I think.