Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
How's the LG G4? I can get a pretty good deal on one at T Mobile (which I'm already on) and I like the idea of having a good smartphone camera for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Jacobus Spades posted:

I posted my impressions a few pages back. Long story short, definitely worth the T-Mobile price IMO for the camera alone, it bypasses the SD 810's overheating issues with comparable day to day performance, but the plastic build materials feel gross if that bugs you.

I currently own and use a 1st Gen Moto G so no, they obviously don't bug me. Good to know the rest of the phone is good, I'll probably swing by the T Mobile store tomorrow and snag one.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
So I went to the T-Mobile store today and got the LG G4, and I'm loving it. Originally I thought I'd use it naked, but after using it for a bit I'd really rather put a case on it. What would be a good, slim yet protective case to get for the LG G4?

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
I'm looking at getting a Galaxy S7 or the S7 Edge tomorrow. Is there any real difference in functionality or is the Edge just a bit bigger and has the curved screen?

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Skeezy posted:

Aside from the size and screen it has a bigger battery as well.

Does the normal S7 typically make it through the day without needing a charge? Because I think i would prefer that one as long as it does.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
The Galaxy S7 is a seriously good phone. And for once Samsung hasn't shat all over Android and I don't even mind touchwiz on this thing.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

CLAM DOWN posted:

Careful, you'll cause this thread to burst into flames for expressing that.

I mean I will probably replace the launcher with the Google Now launcher like I always do, but beyond that everything else is really not bad at all. Settings screen isn't hard to navigate, notification bar works like I think it should. I also love how it's a seriously powerful phone and not mega huge.

Overall I'd suggest the Galaxy S7 to others, which is the first time in years I've said that about a Samsung phone.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm a huge fan of Nova launcher, it's fast and mega customizable!

I like Nova fine but I'm so used to the Google Now launcher that I have no reason to switch away.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

CLAM DOWN posted:

For sure, Google Now launcher has a long-standing bug with Samsung Knox (both My Knox and enterprise Knox) so I switched to Nova which is still excellent. I did miss the swipe to the left to see Now, but Nova has the swipe up gesture to reach it which is more than good enough.

That's good to know, thanks for the tip.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Ah, weird, seems like the 5x does not have a SD slot. I'm sort of OCD about keeping large chunks of my music collection on me, and being able to listen to FLACs.

I wouldn't worry about FLAC files as a phone DAC won't be good enough for you to hear a positive difference (I know, it's debatable people can hear one period but it's really not happening with a phone DAC). I can see wanting an SD card slot to keep your music on beyond that though.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

ShaneB posted:

Anyone have a suggestion for a 2-port adaptive fast charge S7 compatible charger? Both for the car and for home/travel. My SO and I took advantage of the BOGO verizon deal and are happy owners of some S7's, so I want to take advantage of the charging speed possibilities.

I'm looking at this one for the car: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019OSX8UC?psc=1&smid=A142BGUZC6UH73

I'm also interested in the answer there, although I can get away with one port as my SO is a die-hard iPhone user.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

FAUXTON posted:

Cricket has an unlimited plan for $70, including taxes. That comes down to $65 if you autopay. Seriously if your phone is that much of a fixture in your drat life that you need 4 obesity batteries plus hotswappable SD cards then maybe you should consider cutting back on the pocky and ramen and getting a decent data plan.

Man asks about cheap Android phones, is told to get an expensive data plan.

Never change android thread, never change.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

vulturesrow posted:

2 related questions.

1)My Droid Turbo went into the drink and it looks like its not recoverable (screen is shot although I believe the phone actually "works"). Is there any way to factory reset it via USB?

2) I was on the Verizon Edge plan with it and it looks like it is going to be cheaper to pay it off and upgrade it rather use the insurance route. I most likely will get get the S7 Edge (I'm open to being talked out of this by the way if you care to do so) and I'm wondering what the case du jour is in the thread?

The normal S7 is also worth looking into if you want a smaller phone than the S7 Edge. Beyond that they're both fantastic.

For cases I either go with Diztronic for cheap ones or the Speck Candyshell Grip cases for... well grip.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Sir Lemming posted:

The rice method is possibly an urban legend; keeping your phone off for a while is the best thing to do by far (which of course correlates with using the rice method).

Yeah I prefer to use quinoa.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

vyst posted:

Look at this plebian not using Italian farro

Hey I wasn't aware this was the iPhone thread, jeez.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
What’s the current best not-flagship price android phone? Thinking of doing google fi with the Moro x4 they have on there but I’m not sold on it quite yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

MikeJF posted:

Moto G5S Plus

Does Motorola commit to doing updates on their cheaper phones?