Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

tadashi posted:

I have a Galaxy s5. After a recent update, my phone tells me the ringer is in silent mode (it's actually just on vibrate) every time I plug in or unplug the phone. I can't tell if this is a Google thing or an operating system thing. Anyone know how to turn this thing off? It interrupts whatever I'm doing and it's annoying.

Any one figure this out? My Galaxy s6 started doing this the other day and it is extremely annyoing with no way to switch it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

baka kaba posted:

People on some forum say uninstalling something called Peel Remote fixes it???

Thanks, disabling the peel smart remote (it won't give an option to delete it) seems to have taken care of the problem. For now anyways.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Is there any possible way to disable the bitch that says "when it's safe blah blah blah"?
I've tried a bunch of different headphones and they all keep triggering her somehow.
I'm never going to use Google assistant I just want to never hear that phrase ever again.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

It's this message
 "when it's safe you'll first need to use your phone's screen and tap the notification then you can let the Google App access some things on your device."

It seems like it happens when the headphone cord brushes against the inside of a pocket or whatever. Multiple different headphones all do the same thing.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

It happens with every headphone or the aux line in for the car.
It's an LG G6, but it used to happen with my old Samsung Galaxy too.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I've had this Galaxy S10 for about 2 weeks now and it randomly keeps losing the mobile data connection until I hit airplane mode and force it to reconnect.
It just downloaded an update that I hoped would fix it but it's done it this morning again.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I had an LG-G6 previously and it never had a problem.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I'm on sprint

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Galaxy s10 on tmobile I let it update last night and it broke something.

The top portion of the screen where the settings cog is no longer responds to touch.

If I boot the phone into safe mode it works fine.

I use apex launcher but un and re-installing it didn't help.

I'm sure there's some mystery setting that I need to turn on or off but I can't locate it.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Thumposaurus posted:

Galaxy s10 on tmobile I let it update last night and it broke something.

The top portion of the screen where the settings cog is no longer responds to touch.

If I boot the phone into safe mode it works fine.

I use apex launcher but un and re-installing it didn't help.

I'm sure there's some mystery setting that I need to turn on or off but I can't locate it.

I figured out the problem
I had an app called energy ring to put a little colored circle around the front camera cut out that shows battery status.

If I turn it off everything works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

hooah posted:

Time to blame Samsung. I'm using the same app without any problems on a Pixel 5.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it works fine now :iiam: